This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update on my Synergeyes "Cure"

I have now had these lenses for 5 full months. I got my eyes checked and the inflammation is now completely gone. My right eye shows mild dry eye, probably an average amount for a menopausal woman and my left eye shows moderate. With the Synergeyes on, I am down to using drops maybe once every other day most of the time. I will get a run of a couple of bad days about once every 6 weeks. By bad days I mean I may have to use Refresh Plus 2-3 times a day. Within an hour of removing contacts or not putting them in in the morning, I will have severe dryness and want to put drops in every 10 minutes and still cannot get relief. As long as the Synergeyes are in I have better than 20/20 vision, no blurring, and no more than momentary discomfort, but even that is rare.

Also the friend and relative who tried this are getting results identical to mine with their dry eye. I have another friend who got hers 2 weeks ago and she has not been able to use a computer (she is a writer) for 2 years. She is now able to use the computer for 4-6 hours at a time.

Several of you have asked that I do an update here and I will continue to do so every so often. These contacts are a total miracle for me. My fear is another infection where I have to wear glasses only for 3-4 days and I imagine that would be hell based on my inability to be comfortable for even a very short time without the Synergeyes.

Just a note that I just read that the price on these will soon be the same as regular RGPs!

Comment

Thanks for the update! I found a hybrid lens optician in the country I live in, unfortunately on second look they only do the CIBA SoftPerm which isn't the same and they are an hour away, I don't know whether to bother. I think SynergEyes would be really good for me. Maybe I could then get rid of this burning and have something I could wear instead of my heavy glasses. I guess I may have to wait. Might try the CIBA ones anyway, I don't know...
      ARGH!!
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Originally posted by rubyslippers View Post
        Within an hour of removing contacts or not putting them in in the morning, I will have severe dryness and want to put drops in every 10 minutes and still cannot get relief. As long as the Synergeyes are in I have better than 20/20 vision, no blurring, and no more than momentary discomfort, but even that is rare.
        Rubyslippers,

Have you ever been examined after removing the lenses having had them in all day?

What you describe is quite similar to what I experienced when wearing Macrolenses (which I wore before switching to sclerals). While they were in, I could see and I did not have pain. Who can argue with that.

I thought I was doing just great, and I was (and am!) so grateful for those lenses. Eventually, however, I began reflecting on what the pain upon removal meant. (I was wearing them till just before bed because I didn't want to have to deal with the pain after removal.) In retrospect I now know that the pain I experienced was due not simply to the renewed exposure sans lenses, but also to the lenses themselves. Lenses resting on the cornea can protect and harm at the same time.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Yes, he has examined me right after removing them, on a day where I did not wear them (thought I had an eye infection) and in the morning before I ever put them in. He has also examined me after 10 hours of wearing them. He says my eyes just keep looking healthier and the tear film is repairing itself because the contacts keep my eyes wet all the time. He says my dry eye has reversed itself about 70% at this time. Both of the other people I know who got these after me are moving the same direction.

Comment

Also, some days I can now go 2 hours at a time without the Synergeyes and with only very mild discomfort.

Comment

I think also as long as your symptoms are better than pre-synergyeyes you can tell there is movement in the right direction. Your optician is fantastically dilligent. Can only hope to have one of those one day. Have decided against the CIBA lenses as they're just old and not the same.
              just keep swimming...

Comment

It is clear that my eyes are getting better all the time, with or without the contacts in. There are good changes. I am concerned though because we depend on 4 space heaters in our area at work to keep from freezing. We will not be getting the new regular heating system in until next spring, so it is another winter with hot blowing air. I also use a wood stove at home and am not sure if that exacerbates. I do use humidifiers all over the place. With the colder weather coming, I am a bit worried about all the blowing hot air making things worse for me again.

I did invest in a Land's End electric throw, so I can have the heat down lower at home in the evenings.

Comment

Working...
                X