This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RGP problems

I just got my first pair of RGP's in the other day and was told to wear them 2 hours the first day. Well I did but I seem to have some issues already with wearing them. My eyes itch like crazy! They are uncomfortable and I'm very aware of them. Though I know that that is to be expected for the first week or so. But the itching concerns me...is it just cause i'm getting used to the lens? Should I try a different solution than the sample my doctor gave me? I go back for a checkup in 1 1/2 weeks but i'm supposed to be wearing these daily. Any help or suggestions? I would really appreciate any insight!

Ok, I am really getting desperate! It's been about a week with the RGP's and the itching is horrible! I feel like I want to scratch my eyes out. When I finally take the lenses out my eyes are sore, puffy and still sometimes itch. What is going on? I can't see ver well with these lenses either everything is blurry.

Comment

Going back to get checked today...my eyes didn't bounce back as easily yesterday. I don't think this itching is normal.

Comment

Hi not sure we really do advice on lenses on here so we can only give comments from experience. Basically I don't know why you are still wearing them they sound very bad for you.

RGPs made my eyes gasp for oxygen - strangely - this was some time ago but when I used to take them out (and i never wore them all day) my eyes would just feel relieved. Sounds like they are wrong for you.

I had soft lenses once that made my eyes itch the optician said it sometimes is that someone doesn't get on with the material, she switched the material and I was fine with the new one.
        just keep swimming...

Comment

Thanks for the response! Any insight or experience is helpful...I was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else before.

I got checked again yesterday and pretty much was told that's just the adjustment period. But it feels like so much more than that. I went out and bought some sensitive eyes solution so maybe that could help. I go back in a week again so they may order something in a different material. I have no idea why it's so hard for me to wear these gas perms. I'm really trying but it seems like slow torture.

Comment

Hello,

Stick with your RGPs! It took me eight weeks to get used to mine, but it has been very much worth it.

I believe there are drops your doctor can prescribe, that will reduce your sensitivity, I think the drops are called "Voltaren".

There are a couple of other things you can try:
            - If your lens material is approved for extended wear, wear the lenses at night while you build up your wearing time
            - Get googles to wear over your RGPs, to keep your fingers away from your eyes

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

Well I solved the itching problem! I bought a sensitive eyes solution and that helped a lot! I definitely see a huge difference and only have minimal itching now. I am still not used to the RGP's yet but I will give it more time. They seem to dry out a lot on me though, is there something I can do to help that? I use drops but it only helps for a little bit. I will have to bring it up with my Dr. and see what she has to say...

Comment

I have yet another issue.

I am finally getting used to these contacts but I noticed I get red/bloodshot eyes... But only horizontally? Is that considered staining? It would be the 3-9'oclock area. Has anyone had any experience with that happening? My Dr. has never addressed it, but I don't think it's normal so I will have to bring it up next visit.

Comment

Working...
                X