X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lens Solutions?

Yet another question about my contacts
    What solution do you use for Gas Permeable contacts? I had a bad allergic reaction to the all in one Baush and lomb one. Is there a preservative free one I can use? Any advice would be helpful...I am still experiencing an allergic reaction to a milder solution.

Hello elvishthistle,

Your "allergic" reaction may actually be irritation due to not rinsing the cleaner off, or may be due to the lenses not being clean enough.

Always rinse your RGPs thoroughly after removing them from the storage solution.

There is no such thing as a "no rub" cleaner - use a good, non abrasive cleaner, and rinse thoroughly afterward.

I rinse my lenses in tap water, then rinse with a multipurpose solution, before adding moisturizing drops and inserting the lenses. You could also use distilled water or saline to rinse. If you use tap water, always follow with a multipurpose solution rinse - there are things in tap water you don't want in your eyes, such as acanthamoeba. For the same reason, avoid getting tap water in your eyes, such as when you take a shower.

Check with your optometrist which solutions to use, which are recommended for your RGP material. I use the Lobob "Optimum" products with great success.

Good luck,

Lynne

Comment

Thanks Lynne!

I had a feeling that maybe the cleaner wasn't completely washed off. I'll be more careful about that! For the all in one solution I meant there was no 2nd bottle of cleaner along with the storage solution. I used the solution that you store and rub with...I think it was Optimum something? I did buy a sensitive eyes solution that was much better but I'm confused if I can use that to rub the contacts with...It says it's a storage and re-wetting solution. I will definitely check out the Lobob "Optimum" products though. I did buy the WRW drops by them and seem to be ok.

Comment

Just wanted to report back and say thank you for the Lobob Optimum recommendation! I have been using this system without any problems! It's a little more tedious but my eyes feel so much better. Thank you so much for helping!

Comment

Working...
        X