This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there hope?

I have to believe that there is some way I could go back to contacts. My script is so high, my glasses are HUGE, I cant have lazer correction. I wear contacts for 11 years! Why they dont wanna go back in? Even after 1 year I still have no healing. I dont understand why me? I have friends who wear contacts no problem. Even If I wait 1 year tell me after 2 years I could be back to contacts. I just want the hope of cure. Why are eyes so bad for healing. Ive had problems before and they always heal. How can this be so bad?

How can this be so bad?
    Um... years of abuse. Just doesn't right itself overnight.

Originally posted by VinnyWS6 View Post
    I have to believe that there is some way I could go back to contacts. My script is so high, my glasses are HUGE, I cant have lazer correction.
    I read your history in the other post. I don't know how to encourage you that you may get back to soft contacts because with your history it just doesn't sound like a good idea at all. Your eyes are screaming "please stop". That's just me though - I'm not a doctor. You may find one who will get you back into contacts - just try not to push the envelope anymore.

However, the one ray of hope I'd hold out for you with contacts is speclalized large gas permeable lenses, like a small scleral lens or something similar, or perhaps a hybrid like Synergeyes. Some of these lenses will not pose the issues for your corneas that soft lenses pose. The kind of lenses I'm talking about will be expensive and you may have difficulty finding the right kind of optometrist. But it's at least a possibility.

Hang in there. Take care of your eyes really well, read a lot and learn how to really take care of them, and things will get better.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X