This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jules Stein Eye Institute

HI, I thought I would share my experience today. I like many of you have been struggling for 9 months now after refractive surgery with moderate to severe dry eyes and a freind suggested I go to UCLA as they have studies and such. I thought what the heck, I made an appointment to see the top dog at the UCLA laser eye center as I was told "this is where you need to go for your problem, as we see this all the time." OK, yesterday I saw Dr. Hamilton, I was tested every which way possible and in the final analysis, I was told I had a "mild form" of "Rocsea" (spl) and put me on Azasite 1% and to stop using Cyclosporine. (I had already weaned down to once a day for the last couple of weeks from the Restasis). At first he suggested that I join the Azasite study that he and a colleague are conducting for dry eye, a study for only 300 people and that I would be one of them. Then he thought about it a minute and said no, I want you on this right now as you need relief, he also put me on Biotears as he stated they have great success with this supplement. I have to stop all the current supplements as well. So for now, I have four plugs and will be starting the new regime, I'll keep you updated. As for the study, I met with the coordinator but they also thought since it was a double blind, 1:1 study, I might get the placebo and agreed with the Dr. Anyway, I felt up lifted and I think they really are intrested in helping me and people in our condition! He also said that within six months he will have the ability to "clean the ducts and get the oils moving" with something they are getting (some kind of device, I'm not sure what) and I will continue to be seen there at six week intervals. Any way, I found it all interesting, and funny enough, my new regular opthamologist was a fellow under this Dr., go figure!

I hope this works for you - and I am glad you found a doctor that put your needs ahead of other considerations!

Comment

I went to Jules Stein and was examined by Dr. Hamilton, back in 2007 when I was 14 months post op.
      I received a positive vibe from him. He seemed genuinely interested.

Comment

Working...
      X