X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrinkle/Bubble on Sclera

To All,

I've been posting here for quite some time and have been improving, but also noticing a connection to something.

I had LASIK in Jan of 2008 and did OK with minor dryness for about a year and a half. When my real troubles started last June in my right eye, it was more of an outright foreign body sensation instead of what I would normally describe as a dryness sensation.

I got so exasperated after a few days that I went outside into the sun with a compact and began really looking at my right eye. I noticed a wrinkle (it's small - not enough to be conjunctivochalasis in my opinion) on my sclera that leads from the inner corner of the eye up to the cornea - it is not on the cornea or on the LASIK flap. I do not have it in the left eye which feels relatively normal most days. I should note there is no redness in the right eye.

I immediately went to my LASIK doc's office (was still trusting them at this point) and the doctor said that a wrinkle like that is "normal" and that I just had dry eye. I didn't believe them so I went elsewhere for a second opinion and that doctor saw it immediately and called it a "conjunctival cyst." He gave me some steriods and said that it may or may not go away, and it could be something I would battle for months to years.

The cyst went away after a few weeks - or so I thought. It has since reappeared almost every day in the morning and on some extremely bad eye days, it's there ALL DAY LONG. Yesterday I had a great eye day and realized that I hadn't seen the cyst/wrinkle there.

Does anyone else have something like this? If so, what have you been told by your doctor? I plan to see Dr. Hector in Brandenton for my six-month follow-up in a bit and will be asking him about the wrinkle at that time.

Thanks to all,
    Rose
    Last edited by Sammy B.; 22-Jan-2010, 10:07. Reason: added a tidbit

I get 'blisters' on my eye surface occasionally. They are always accompanied by a foreign object feeling in the eye.

I dashed to the doctor the first time one showed up, but he didn't seem concerned about it. They most often show up when I don't take care of my eyes.

I generally take care of them with a big dose of steroid drops (one drop every couple of hours), and they go away.

Comment

Working...
    X