This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Count is 2... What's Your Count?

The total number of people whom I have talked OUT of getting LASIK so far. One told me her eyes burned while she wasn't EVEN WEARING GLASSES OR CONTACTS. I said, "Take your contacts out. Get to a doctor. YOU DO NOT NEED LASIK."

And as I sat at a table at my department's luncheon the other day, something dawned on me. Most of us at the table had undergone some sort of vision correction. Here's the pool:

1) Had RK fifteen years ago. No complaints from her.

2) My case. Had LASIK two years go. Want my glasses and my nerdy yet confident self back. Need to get over that because SHOULDA COULDA WOULDA.

3) Had PRK over LASIK last year. She drops every hour. I've gotten her to admit it's pretty bad.

4) Had LASIK five years ago. He had to have bottom ducts cauterized to deal with dryness but still, "one of the best decisions he's ever made."

5) Had LASIK eight years ago. Her eyes bug her when she's at the computer - they get uncomfortable and very bloodshot. Was trying to talk a contact lens wearer at the table into getting LASIK because, "trust me, you won't regret it."

FML.

- Rose
Working...
X