1year after Lasik Shadow/Double Vision

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1year after Lasik Shadow/Double Vision

I had Lasik about 1 year ago just in my right eye. during my 3 month checkup I was 20/20 in that eye. About 2-3 months ago I noticed that I was seeing shadows or double vision of the object that I am looking at. I see 2 shadows of the object, 1 to the right and one above the object. I went to my eye dr and he said that everything looked fine with my eye. So he sent me to Canada where I had the surgery and thyey told me the same thing. They could not figure it out and they do not believe it was from the lasik. There is no lens that helps it. They have me taking drops at night and during the day for dry eyes but it is not helping. They have no answers for me. She said that maybe it needs to have the tear film regenerated? That is what these drops are supposed to help. I don't know what to do from here. My right eye vision is horrible, especially at night. My left eye is fine. Any ideas or guidance. I am at my wits end.
    thank you
    Bill

Originally posted by Bdean
    I had Lasik about 1 year ago just in my right eye... About 2-3 months ago I noticed that I was seeing shadows or double vision of the object that I am looking at. I see 2 shadows of the object, 1 to the right and one above the object.
    Sounds like you have monocular diplopia. This is a known complication of lasik and has various possible causes, including flap wrinkles, decentred ablation and irregular astigmatism. Suggest you have a look at the complications pages of LaserMyEye for further information about these conditions, and also the encyclopedia on that site for any unfamiliar terms.

I went to my eye dr and he said that everything looked fine with my eye.
    What examinations were done? If you were simply examined under the slit-lamp, this is the response I would expect. It doesn't mean there's nothing wrong, it just means it's not visible in a standard examination.

If you have not already had these tests you should try to get them:
    - Corneal topography
    - Wavefront aberrometry
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
    X