X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boomandvibe
    replied
    Originally posted by rmalecki View Post
    my doctor has told me to use glasses and drops. I use refresh plus drops in both eyes every 2 hours and sometimes more often in the evening. Has anyone out there used artificial drops for a long period of time, using them approx 2 hours apart? I question if this is healthy for my eyes. My eyes have become more dry in the past month and it appears this will be a life long problem for me. This was caused from lasik surgery. Restasis did not help. I have punctual plugs in both eyes on bottom. I occasionally get a little dizzy at night watching TV right around the time I begin to need the drops. It is getting to where I don't watch much TV in the evening. I believe he wants me to use glasses for protection against wind/fans -- I can go without glasses or a low precription.
    Hi. I have never personally had Lasik done (I'm too scared of the side effects) but I have severe dry eyes myself and I did alot of research online.

I know that most people experience dry eyes for a few months immediately following the lasik surgery but the dry eyes usually go away. When did you get your lasik surgery done?

If your conjunctivitis is inflamed, I don't think it's a good idea to have the punctal plugs. Restasis will not work on eyes with punctal plugs since in order for Restasis to work, your tears need to be flushed out though the tear ducts.

I don't really know how harmful artificial tears would be in the long run if you continue using it, though. I've heard people saying the drops make your eyes drier in the long run, but I'm not so sure. Also, not all eyedrops are the same. Each eyedrop has different compounds aimed at different methods to make your eyes more comfortable.

For example, Theratears eyedrop works by transferring water into the outer layer of the eye. Systane works by making tear stay on the eye longer.

There is a website that deals with all kinds of eyedrops and what components they have but I can't find the link right now. Sorry.

I've used every single over-the-counter eyedrops available and found that Systane Ultra Single-vials were the only ones that helped me. I still have to use the drops often, though. I haven't tried Dwelle from the shop yet, but I've ordered one and I'll let you know how they do.

Leave a comment:

• rmalecki
    started a topic Using artificial drops

Using artificial drops

my doctor has told me to use glasses and drops. I use refresh plus drops in both eyes every 2 hours and sometimes more often in the evening. Has anyone out there used artificial drops for a long period of time, using them approx 2 hours apart? I question if this is healthy for my eyes. My eyes have become more dry in the past month and it appears this will be a life long problem for me. This was caused from lasik surgery. Restasis did not help. I have punctual plugs in both eyes on bottom. I occasionally get a little dizzy at night watching TV right around the time I begin to need the drops. It is getting to where I don't watch much TV in the evening. I believe he wants me to use glasses for protection against wind/fans -- I can go without glasses or a low precription.
Working...
X