This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eye pain question

Hello everyone! I'm finally feeling a little relief for the past two days of constant eye pain. Everyone describes eye pain differently. I have light burning in my left eye and my eyelid just feels swollen even though it doesn't look like it. My right eye, however, is in pain. I feel sharp pain, like a large long eyelash that is stuck on the border between the outside of my iris and the white of my eye (on the outer edge of my eye, not by my nose - hysterical trying to describe it). It sometimes goes away a bit like the pain diffuses a bit, but generally it's a fairly intense focused pain. I had it for the first two-three months after Lasik and then it went away for two-three months and now it's back with a vengence. Every 45 days or so it gets so bad to the point I have to just get in bed and wait the pain out, like a migraine. Does anyone experience this specific eye pain? I get nervous that it's my cornea.

Thanks,
    Margaret

RE: steroid drops

Have you tried steroid drops for these "flares"?

I ask because years ago I would plug along with "normal" dry eyes. They would build up for about a month until it became major pain. At that point, I'd use my pred forte steroid drops for 1-2 days and get the excess pain under control. Then the cycle would repeat...

Anyway, steroid drops helped me the most when I was in really terrible pain.

I hope you find something that helps.

Comment

I was on Lotemax for about three months in the beginning. They put me on it right away for four times a day. It didn't seem to do much with or without it, but my eyes have changed so much over the course of 7 months that I have thought about trying it again, only this time just a few drops for a few days.

Thanks!
      Margaret

Comment

Margaret,

Another doc (aside from your LASIK doc) has looked at your eyes and said that the flaps look good? And what about corneal staining? Any of that? Was the right eye worse than the left if so?

Rose

Comment

Well, it's a complicated story, so I can fill you in later, but 4 out of 5 docs that have looked at my eyes with the staining have said they didn't see anything, so I'm hoping the majority prevails!

Margaret

Comment

What did the lid expert say about punctal plugs in your case?

Comment

I tried dissolvable plugs in my lowers and am now trying perms in my lower. They seem to make my eyes itch! I want to try my uppers now, especially in my right eye. Will be doing that next....

Thanks,
              Margaret

Comment

I have been dealing with this for 12 weeks now. The SHARP eye pain came on about 2 weeks after surgery. I have described the the turmoil as a BAD migraine also. I get a SHARP stabbing pain after 3 to 4 hours of sleep and I am wide awake. I had additional cuts in my cornea to correct my astigmatism.

Comment

Working...
                X