This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One year later

I had my 1 year Lasik check up yesterday. Dryness has definitely improved but I hope it gets better durning this second year. I would say I am at about 80% which means the dryness is more annoying than debilitating. I still cannot wear eye make up (which I know sounds vain) but I hope I will be able to in the future.

My Lasik doctor said my eyes look great...no dry spots and didn't really seem at all concerned with my dryness. Someone in his office made the comment that my 20\15 vision is worth a little dryness. Needless to say, I will not be going back there for future check-ups because just being there stresses me out. I am not going to waste my time complaining to a doctor that doesn't believe me or want to hear it. Sad to say he will consider me a success in his own mind.

On the bright side...I am getting better, my vision is perfect, and my eyes are not controlling my every thought. That's all I was praying for in the early stages so I am thankful for that. I am going to stay positive in knowing that I made it through the worst times and better days are ahead.

I'm happy for you cafe41, it sounds like you have a great outlook on your whole Lasik experience now. I bet that took some doing to get there and be proud that you came through it. My lasik doc and the company think I too am a success story and could care less about how I cope day to day. My apts with them also stressed me out so I too stopped going.
    I think it's good you found your way through this ordeal and have such a positive attitude.
    fiddle

Comment

Cafe41 I know I'm very late to replying to this post, but I just wanted to say thank you for posting it. I am almost 14 months post lasik and while I'm better than I was 6 months out, I'm still in pain. I still feel under going lasik was the worst decision of my life and even though things may get better they will always be worst than my prelasik days. I'm hanging on and trying to be brave and optimistic like you but it's a constant day to day battle that I feel I'm losing. Your post though gave me a little more fight and I thank you for that. Please keep me posted.

Patrick

Comment

Working...
      X