X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs of life @7months post Lasik

Hi all,

I am 7 months post Lasik ... and wanted to shout out that things are improving both mentally (I want to live again) and with my eyes. I have gone a full day with no drops, no restasis in more than a month and a full day with no goggles

I am still putting in Muro128 in my right eye at night, which feels really good.

I am still on a bunch of meds for depression and anxiety, but I feel like I am turning the corner. I am listening to music again I actually, whistled the other day and caught myself doing it, which made me smile.

So - the folks who have helped me and told me things will get better are RIGHT ... they are getting better.

I still hope to post on the triumph board some day soon...

Thanks for the help along the way. Prayers to those who have a much rougher road then me.

Cheers,
    Tom

Hi Tom,

This is such good news. I am so happy that you are feeling better. It is neat when we catch ourselves enjoying some of the things we used to enjoy I think this whole post lasik trauma experience gives us a new perspective on what it is that makes our life so rich and meaningful.

Keep on whistling! I've joined a local vocal group that is performing hits from the 70s. I'll be humming 'it's my party' for the next couple of months.

Keep us posted!

Comment

That is great news! So happy for you

Comment

Tom,
        This is great news! I am at my three month mark and still hoping and praying for better days. A post like this keeps me optimistic for those better days. Please keep us updated on your progress.
        Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Good to hear Tom. Keep us updated on your progress.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I am doing well. Mornings are great. My right eye bothers me a bit during the day. After a shower I feel pretty good as well. Last night was amazing. I watched TV for an hour, maybe two with no goggles. I continue to improve slowly. Sometimes I think by tomorrow I will just be completely healed based on how I feel in a moment. Then my eye reminds me it's still there. But that's OK. I know and understand its just a very slow healing process.

For the folks with LASIK dry eye just into it a couple weeks or a couple months ... hang in there. There is a very good chance time will heal. I cannot believe I am writing this. Others told me the same and I refused to believe it. BELIEVE it that things can get better. Get better emotionally and the eyes may follow.

Prayers to all.

Cheers,
            Tom

Comment

Tom this is awesome news.

Rebecca once said on here, "Improve the mind and the eyes will follow." I believe this to be 110% true!

Rose

Comment

I agree Sammy B... I seem to be a slow learner in terms of of what the mind can do to heal the body ... but it is TRUE! What a trip .... what a learning experience this has been.

Comment

I still hope to post on the triumph board some day soon...
                  If THIS ain't triumph I don't know what is:

Originally posted by tommyboy View Post
                  wanted to shout out that things are improving both mentally (I want to live again) and with my eyes. I have gone a full day with no drops, no restasis in more than a month and a full day with no goggles

....I am still on a bunch of meds for depression and anxiety, but I feel like I am turning the corner. I am listening to music again I actually, whistled the other day and caught myself doing it, which made me smile.
                  Hurray!!!! So glad for you. Thanks for posting, it's so important for others to see the possibilities even if their course does not follow the exact progression or timeline - they can at least know it is possible rather than a false hope.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                  X