This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller coaster

I have been on a rough rollercoaster ride for the past 8 months since I had Lasik eye surgery. I have periods of time in which I feel my eyes are healing and I rarely think of my eyes, and then they get worse again. For the month of August, my eyes felt really good and didn't even think about them, now the past two weeks, they feel so dry during the day and it's constant. I have been on allergy drops as I have bad seasonal allergies, but my eyes are still very itchy and dry. I am just so frusterated. Can anyone give me hope that they can still get better. What triggers the downward spiral?

I think a lot of us have been on a roller coaster of some sort. It's really trial and error with this thing. I was very bad off a few months ago....I didn't think I would ever ease the inflammation. Finally, with the help of some on this forum, I discovered that my problem was hyperosmolarity of the tear film, which explained why almost none of the over the counter drops helped. Serum drops have kept me stable. However, when I have a really heavy computer day or sleep is off, I get inflamed the next day and have to nip that in the bud quick with a couple of doses of steroid drops and laying OFF the computer work.

It's SUCH a delicate balance, and I swear sometimes it will make you OCD. Have you changed your routine or done anything differently? Any major life changes? Some report that stress can trigger a rough spell.

Comment

8 months isn't that far out you really are in the healing phase. I remember being in New York City in winter, walking near Grand Central Station about 2 weeks after LASIK. A gust of wind hit me and I felt my right eye shatter and crack like glass. Awful. But over the years, I returned to normal. Non-noticable dry eye and mild nerve damage. Again, hardly noticed. I think you'll heal over time but it is a delicate balance. You never know what will throw the nerves off, but, you will hit a new normal again.

Comment

Do you know if it has to do with humidity ?

Comment

Working...
        X