Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone gone back to contacts or glasses after LASIK?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone gone back to contacts or glasses after LASIK?

I'm about 6 months out after Lasik, suffering moderate dry eye. I wanted to know if anyone has gone back to wearing contacts or glasses after Lasik? I'm going in to see my doc in 2 days - have some major questions. I don't see as clearly since Lasik, although they've told me I'm 20/15 - it's not sharp vision, and I think I've regressed since a few weeks ago (I'm sure the colder weather isn't helping here in MN)...

I ordered .50 glasses and when I put those on, my vision is perfect, even at night (w/o them, night driving is really bad). I know my doc told me not to get glasses or contacts, but I can't stand not having sharp vision. So, I'm at a crossroads and want some answers. Dry eye or bad prescription Lasik correction or both!!

I've had to go back to glasses after lasik too, my vision is not 20 anything I'm not sure what the actual prescp is now (it kept changing after the surgery). But I wear glasses for driving for sure, movies, TV, well anything I want to see clearly as my vision is not sharp as you said. While I as told surgery could get me 20/20 it did not and with all the side effects I'm not a candidate for an enhancement. I can't wear contacts again (I used to all the time before lasik) as my eyes are way too dry for them. In fact most days I feel like I'm wearing dirty contacts with the dry eyes, so contacts would only add to this and the pain of dry eye of course. Back to eye glasses for me now I'm sad to say.
    fiddle

Comment

Yes and no. I am 9 months post LASIK. I don't need glasses for sight, just for really bad dryness. I wear onion goggles at home and custom moisture chambers outside of home. If I start regressing I know I could not wear contacts again. My left eye sometimes feels like it has shards of glass in it. Gotta love the LASIK industry.
      Bianca
      Lasik victim 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Ccoughlin View Post
        I'm about 6 months out after Lasik, suffering moderate dry eye. I wanted to know if anyone has gone back to wearing contacts or glasses after Lasik? I'm going in to see my doc in 2 days - have some major questions. I don't see as clearly since Lasik, although they've told me I'm 20/15 - it's not sharp vision, and I think I've regressed since a few weeks ago (I'm sure the colder weather isn't helping here in MN)...

I ordered .50 glasses and when I put those on, my vision is perfect, even at night (w/o them, night driving is really bad). I know my doc told me not to get glasses or contacts, but I can't stand not having sharp vision. So, I'm at a crossroads and want some answers. Dry eye or bad prescription Lasik correction or both!!
        This is really tough. Some people can adapt quite easily to the "less than clear" vision that many people get after LASIK. They may not have the sharp, clear vision that they had before LASIK but they seem to adapt well. Some of us, though, have a really difficult time when our vision is less than clear, especially in dim light (contrast sensitivity) and at night.

Count me as one of the people who could not adapt to less than sharp vision. Add a binocular vision problem caused by a mono-vision correction that didn't work, regression in correction and periodic fluctuations and I had problems in the day and night. Getting glasses to correct my vision really helped.

In my opinion, there is really no good reason not to get glasses or contacts to correct your vision at this point. Doctors think that everyone can adapt to less than perfect or sharp vision--but not everyone can. Correction won't harm your eyes or your LASIK correction. It may make adaptation to the less than sharp vision more difficult or slower, though. I think that is the main reason why doctors warn against it. (Just my opinion . . . )

Scout

Comment

Working...
        X