This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by robster View Post
    Thought about going down the legal route myself. Main problem is that unfortunately once you sign that consent form you also sign away alot of your legal rights. Since all LASIK consent forms mention dry eye it is extremely difficult to successfully sue once you have dry eye even if your LASIK clinic told you that you had next to no chance of getting it. If you do decide to sue you will probably have a better chance of success basing your case on your visual problems rather than the dry eye. Just my opinion after seeing a few solicitors over here following my LASIK surgery.
    Hi, i have thought of going down this route myself. Can you let me know in more detail what the solicitors said?. PM if necessary! Thanks.

Comment

Phillips 55 - Dr. Hamrah recommends 20% 8 times per day. He told me anything less than 8 times per day is a waste of time. I have been on 20% now for six months - 8 times per day.

Comment

Tommyboy what is your progress on 20% at 8X per day?

I went for a very comprehensive dry eye workup at the dry eye clinic at the southern ca school of optometry and when all the tests were done, I showed him all my pre-lasik numbers regarding my the dryness of my eyes and he reviewed all my post-lasik numbers. I asked the question: I'm 14 months post-lasik, is this permanent? We talked about nerve damage and he stated that your nerves should be completely healed by now. I believe that was his way of saying yes... it is permanent.

Comment

Patientpatrick - I went from a pain level 7 to somewhere around a 3/4. My last visit on 12/21/12 at four months I was told I had 30% regrowth and an 80% ocular surface improvement. I was not surprised when I heard a 30% improvement, as that was what I expected based on how I felt. He then told me I should expect 50-70% regrowth over the next month to a year (yes a year). Since that last visit, I am still somewhere around a 3/4 ... much better than I was and we are dead in the middle of winter, so I am trying to be optimistic about the warmer weather in a couple more months.

I am almost 17 months post lasik. I started the serum treatment at one year. So no, it is not too late at all. I have heard of cases of folks 5+ years that were treated with serum with positive results. So don't give up (funny me saying this, I have given up in the past).

I am also seeing a very good neurologist and he said nerves grow back VERY slowly.

I am grateful for my improvement... but still want this to just simply go away, you know.

Best of luck and feel free to PM me with any other questions.

Cheers,
          Tom

Comment

I talked to my opthalmologist about serum drops yesterday and he is looking into it. He said he hasn't heard of serum drops serving as a means to re-grow nerves, only that they are the closest fluid to our natural tears therefore could contain some healing properties. I haven't found much luck on studies regarding serum drops and the regrowth of nerves severed by Lasik. If anyone knows of a study and could PM me I'd be very grateful.

P

Comment

Hi PatientPatrick,

I did a quick pubmed search for "Hamrah P" (this is the doctor who treats Tommyboy). It seems that Hamrah does a lot of research on corneal nerves. In fact, it's his "thing". Anyway, perhaps search "Hamrah P" on pubmed (http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed). You may find something specifically helpful to you there.

All the best.

Comment

Ah, I just saw that Hemu answered your question in another thread.

Comment

Working...
                X