This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it true that dryness will get better the longer after lasik was done

I have just been to see the company who did m lasik and according to the surgeon dryness will get less prominent the longer the time from the actual operation. However if incidences occur this delays the healing process ie drug induced dryness. I m now on steroids for the inflammation so hopefully this will resolve h current issue.

Any thoughts?

Hi elaw65,

according to the surgeon dryness will get less prominent the longer the time from the actual operation.
    All the medical evidence supports that - both in the short term and the long term, both for clinical signs of dryness and symptoms of dryness. Time's always on our side.

When your doctor mentioned drug induced dryness, what was s/he referring to? From systemic drugs you're taking for other conditions, or from over-medicating trying to treat the eye dryness?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Rebecca

I took nasal steroids, antihistamines and red clover herbal supplement which triggered the initial severe dryness, now am on escitalopram for depression. I also was given some 5% sodium chloride ointment for night time when the dryness was at its worse this i think this made the situation worse as I think I had corneal erosions as the pain was intolerable.

Ela

Comment

Working...
      X