Ketamine Treatment for Neuralgia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ketamine Treatment for Neuralgia

Not finding much info on the web on this. Has anyone thought about or pursued the potential benefits of a low dose Ketamine infusion for nerve pain? From my research it seems viable as potentially resetting the NDMA receptors and turning down the pain reflex, provided it is done early enough. My issue here is the nerves are actually growing during the time you are doing this. If the nerves are actually growing back wrong (vs a nerve that is correctly grown and firing wrong) will this have lasting benefit?

i am more concerned with resetting the trigeminal nerve vs the eye at this point. Thoughts on this?

I think that the effects are transient. So if it works, you’ll have to keep dosing to get the benefit. T least that’s how it works for depression. Listen, if you’re desperate, I’d say it’s a viable option.

Comment

Agreed. It seems that most people get a month or so at first dose, a couple more months, then possibly a year from the third dose. I’m just not sure if it will work for aberrant nerves because you can reset them all you want but they are still damaged.

Comment

That’s illegal and I would strongly advise against purchasing such a substance

Comment

Ketamine infusions are not illegal. You are thinking of the street drug. They are performed in Ketamine clinics in the US and there is one 35 min from my house.

Comment

Originally posted by ManyThanks View Post
            Ketamine infusions are not illegal. You are thinking of the street drug. They are performed in Ketamine clinics in the US and there is one 35 min from my house.
            Besides my severe dry eyes I suffer from Tinnitus (ear ringing) which effects me more than my eyes as I constantly hear high pitched multiple high volume noises in my ears and head and even from my neck. Unfortunately there is not a cure for Tinnitus in modern medicine similar to dry eye; and some medical companies are working on possible medications to reduce Tinnitus (completely eliminating this is a dream). Those possible medications' main ingredient is Ketamine (for example drug name AM-101) and in trials Ketamine is injected directly to the middle ear. So Ketamine's medical usage is commonly accepted and you can give it a try in my opinion..

Comment

I have tinnitus too my friend. Hope you recover from it.

Comment

Originally posted by ManyThanks View Post
                I have tinnitus too my friend. Hope you recover from it.
                Thank you, I wish the same for all T and Dry Eye sufferers. I have been informed that yesteday FDA approved an antidepressant nasal spray containing Esketamine:

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...eat-depression

Comment

Working...
                X