• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rebecca, you're a riot.

D
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Hi Everybody,

Have seen the doctor today because it's really got worse over the past few days.

The main problem is the quality of my tears - two things: not enough water and the glands don't produce enough oil. This issue then contributes to my lids sticking to the eyeball at night, which is contraproductive in terms of healing, which again contributes to the bad quality of my tears. It's a vicious circle.

Got Lacrilube, Flax Oil Seed, Clarymist and Refresh for the day. Must admit that I wasn't always a good girl as far as preservatives are concerned.

Besides, I've been told to try hot eye wraps before I go to bed. Well, it can't be wrong, anyway.

I've got a lot of options as it seems, and I'm very optimistic!!

Yippie!

Kate

PS: Decided against restasis for the time being. Want to see if the above works before I take this step. The side effects put me off a bit ...
      Semper in excretio - solum profundum variat.

Comment

You have to keep things in perspective. To ease your anxiety, try to remember that the large majority of people who get lasik do just fine. This site is filled with the minority that don't. The folks here represent a small percentage of those who have had the surgery. The folks here are the unlucky minority who have had severe life changing dry eye problems as a result of the surgery. (I'm certain if people were familiar with this site and read these posts before surgery, most would decide AGAINST the surgery because it is a very high price to pay if you are unlucky enough to be in that minority. Even though everyone I personally have known who have had the surgery are among the majority of those who had great results, I still tell everyone I know who is thinking about it to not do it because the potential result could be devastating to their life.)

Hopefully, you are among the majority and are just experiencing dry eyes temporarily. It's appropriate to be concerned, but just try to keep perspective and remember that most do fine with the surgery.

Comment

Kate

It is important to keep up your regular contact with Optimax and to make sure that they work with you to get this resolved.

I had a meeting with the owner to get his assurance that they were not going to dismiss/discharge me until my problems were resolved.

As you may have read from my post, my life has been a roller-coaster since the surgery some 20 months ago.

I know it is difficult to hang in there but things do get better and become more manageable.

I use Genteal Gel of a night and tape my worst eye (right) closed with a low allergy, perforated tape available from Asda. I am not suggesting that you do this but the longer you go without a RCE the more chance you have of healing the problem.

It may not be a good look (a bit of a passion killer really) but it works for me and I persevere with it every night. Every morning, I drop some saline solution in my eyes before I even attempt to open them or remove the tape.

So far, this seems to be the best solution I have received the most mileage from.

Again, you need to keep in touch with your clininc, and make them aware of your problems. If you want to email me, I can give you some contacts at Optimax that you can liaise directly with.

Warm regards and best wishes

Ian (Prattstar)

Comment

Hi Ian,

thanks a lot for your answer - I've just sent you a private message.

Was offline for a while because the central heating system here in the house had pegged, therefore the delay.

Kate.
            Semper in excretio - solum profundum variat.

Comment

Working...
            X