Kathy Griffin on The Tonight Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kathy Griffin on The Tonight Show

Wow, that was awesome! I don't know if any of you saw The Tonight Show with Jay Leno tonight, but Kathy Griffin was on the show promoting her new reality show. She made a definite point of talking about her eye problems! She said when she was in the middle of shooting her show she encountered eye problems due to lasik surgery and she had to take the calls from her eye doctor giving her the bad news. She then turned to the live audience and said "Be careful..don't ever get lasik eye surgery!"
    Way to go Kathy.....thanks for getting the word out every chance you can!
    (I also saw her on "Ellen" recently when she did almost the same thing.)

Way to Go Kathy

That is so good to hear. I posted excerpts from Kyle's email to me on another board and some have decided not to do Lasik. Others are gushing on how great is has been. It has been for them, but not for everyone. Thanks to Kyle to allow her experience to be shared with strangers.
    GOGO

Comment

More from Kathy

Not sure if you all saw today's (Sunday) Parade section of your newspaper, but there was a question in there about Kathy Griffin's eye problems. They said she has had 5 eye surgeries so far to try and correct her lasik problems and has lost 30 percent of her vision in at least one of her eyes. It definitely highlighted some of the problems that come along with lasik.
      Thank God someone is getting the message out!

Comment

Kyle, I'm glad you posted about Parade Magazine and Kathy Griffin. I saw it yesterday and was going to post it and forgot. I thought her response was perfect. After 6 years of dealing with "invisible" problems, it's good to actually hear someone talk about their experience. I'm sorry Kathy is having problems, but at least she is being vocal about it. Not everyone is a big mouth like Kathy and me.
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Another update from Kathy (gotta love her)

Lucy, I almost forgot as well..glad you thought it was interesting.
          Here's a link my Dad just sent me.

http://www.kathygriffin.net/lasik.php

It's an update from Kathy on her lasik surgery. Gotta love her. Look at the links she has on the side of her website..how do you like the way she posts the lasik link!
          Last edited by Kyle; 02-Aug-2005, 00:04. Reason: Forgot to include the link!

Comment

Just one more mention about Kathy

I just wanted to say that Kathy Griffin was on the Howard Stern radio show this morning again talking about her lasik issues. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a big Kathy fan and I'm certaintly not glad she has lasik issues, but I am glad that someone is finally speaking out that others will listen to. I know we have all tried to tell people about our eye problems and most simply nod their heads with that glazed look on their face. Do you know a friend of mine in Virginia just got lasik surgery AFTER knowing everything I'm going through?! Unbeleivable!
            Anyway, let's just hope that the fact that Kathy is speaking out will give us all a voice and hopefully bring us closer to a possible answer, remedy or solution.

Comment

According to an e-mail I received she will be on The Today Show, The View, and Donnie Deutsch on Wednesday, August 3rd. I haven't seen any of her interviews yet...maybe tomorrow. I generally tune into The Today Show and once in awhile Donnie Deutsch. I expected she would mostly be talking about her new show ...on Bravo, I think.
              Cindy

"People may not always remember exactly what you said or what you did, but they will always remember how you made them feel." ~ Unknown

Comment

I think so too, Cindy. Probably lasik will become part of her repertoire!
                A new shot in the arm for her career.

Also interesting is that I've read Kathy is anywhere from 37 to 43. It doesn't matter, of course. When I saw 37, I thought she IS younger than I thought. No matter your age, lasik eyes are no fun.
                Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Working...
                X