lasik dry eye

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lasik dry eye

I just went to my 4th doctor today she tested my tear rate it was 4 on my left eye 1 on my right eye. very bad, she said I dont have abmd but that I have blepharitis, and inflammation blocking my tear glands, so she is putting me on blood serum drops, along with the hot compresses and lid cleaning,I had lasik done on 1/18/08 and had dryness the first month then used steroid drops for two weeks it was better for almost a month then got really bad again a lot of pain aches headaches will these drops help this condition or do I need some kind of ointment. thanks ding

1 week in

I'll be posting more on this...but I can say after 1 week of a 1 month course of Azasite, my blepharitis is greatly improved....eyes are occasionally still a bit dry, but not veering into the highly inflamed blepharitic state that has vexed me so greatly over the last many years.

Azasite is just recently being used for blepharitis...you might mention it to your doc. There was a panel at the recent ASCRS meeting, and they recommended teh 1 month course for bleph.

Comment

azasite

thanks vman I dont know what is in he blood serum drops it must have something in it for the blepharitis because that is all she put me on.she says I am not a hopeless case but seeing all the problems on this site and others it surely does not look good. I am going crazy looking for something that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by ding View Post
        she says I am not a hopeless case but seeing all the problems on this site and others it surely does not look good.
        Something really, really important to keep in mind here...

Think of DryEyeTalk sort of like a hospital. What are you going to find here? Injured or ill people. What you won't see too much of here is all the people who got better... because they went back home!

It is true that many people who get very severe dry eye won't necessarily be able to get back to exactly how they were before it all started. But it is just as true that with proper treatment, AND (in the case of sudden onset dry eye) allowing lots of time for healing, they are very likely to get far better. It may be very bad right now, but it will get better than it is and it will definitely not stay at the point where it consumes your life.

Hang in there.
        Rebecca Petris
        The Dry Eye Foundation
        dryeyefoundation.org
        800-484-0244

Comment

Would azasite be recommended for posterior MGD.....which is what have apparently.

Comment

Working...
          X