Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today's check up 6 months post lasik

Hello All,
    Today I had a 6 month appt. at my lasik doctor's. I don't know why I have such a hard time going in there. I have a list of questions and concerns and then I get emotional and so nervous.

Basically I'm still awfully dry -- my eyes have flip flopped, now my right is way drier according to the shirmer's...and also my wavescan showed more abberrations in my right eye. My doc thinks it's because of the dryness.

She said my glands looked quite a bit better.

She did suggest trying permanent plugs, and or alerex steroid.

All in all, I felt pretty sad still, and had to fight back tears, and I told her I was trying to get in for counseling. She actually recommended it first!! And even went so far as to suggest that in my elevated anxiety state that it could be affecting my pupil size (thus causing me to notice more starbursts later post lasik).

Anyways, that's the update. If I could just my stupid HMO to call me back for a mental health appt.

I hope you all are doing great today.

Thanks for the update, lboogie.

I hope that things improve for you. It's good news about your glands, and it sounds like your doctor is caring.

Have you decided on the plugs?

Hang in there!

--Liz

Comment

The plugs have move my dry eye from often unbearable and always uncomfortable to tolerable almost all the time to even unnoticeable a good part of the time. For some reason the permanent ones have been much better than the dissolvable ones.

Comment

Iboogie, I think you should ask your doctor to try permanent plugs in the bottom ducts and temps in the uppers if you haven't been plugged in the uppers yet or if they have dissolved. It's probably way too soon to do permanents in the uppers as you have a lot of time to heal still.
        I'm glad you are seeking counseling, I swear for me the emotional upset was worse than the dry eye symptoms. Getting that aspect under better control was the thing that has helped me the most. I feel like I can cope much better when I'm not freaking out about my eyes. My symptoms can move into the background of my mind when I am not feeling upset about them. It's a process and it takes time to accept, relax and concentrate on coping skills. You will get there, it just takes time.
        The next 6 months will be much easier for you than the last have been

Comment

Working...
        X