13 days post lasik!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 13 days post lasik!

I wish I never did this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had monovision done, my distance eye still is blurry but my close up eye is 20/20!!! I find that I am very nauseated also! But I think the worse is the DRY EYES!!!!!! I swear I have tried everything!!! Restatses,plugs every eye drop known to man and gel! I desperately need advise so I can get some kind of relief! Don't think I can take much more!!! My eyes are very important, I am a mail carrier and really depend on my eyes!!! HELP!!!!!!! I also have done heat, am now trying a regemend of vitamins I just am so upset that I have done this to myself! Any advise would be so greatly appreciated from anybody! Thanks!!!

getting started; be prepared to be helped (:^)

You are among friends, new friend. . .And many of us are also doggy lovers, not an irrelevant consideration, since the love of my dog, for example, got me through my toughest dry eye days. . .and others here have found similar comfort.

First and foremost, you are so freshly out of LASIK that it is way too early to assume that your symptoms will continue indefinitely. . .There is often a long window of time before maximum recovery. . .But I will let the post-LASIK members here direct you to more specifics on that. . .

There is a wondrous encyclopedia here, and the archives of all postings, for you to study. . .Please surf generously. . .

I will defer to others who are more knowledgeable, but please, as you consider options, think about the Tranquileyes products available in the Shop, and also about a product available in the Shop called Dwelle, which is little known in mainstream commerce (yet, though in the past, a similar product was widely available), but which has some very unique properties designed to address a variety of corneal and tear film issues. . .Dwelle is nothing like the gels or Restasis you will find out there. . .The science behind it builds on completely different principles. . .

Let us know how you are diagnosed, in coming days. . .Find out exactly what is causing your symptoms, and if you'll convey this, you'll find that people here resound and reply with amazing specificity and with incredibly positive recommendations. . .
    <Doggedly Determined>

Comment

First of all I would say to relax. You are so early post op there is no way to tell if this is going to be the usual case of lasik dry eye that passes within a few weeks/months. Your eyes need much time to heal and they will heal you just have to be patient. Hopefully you will be like the majority of the people and this will pass and your eyes will be comfortable again. But 2 weeks is WAY too early to tell if this is going to be an ongoing problem. Stress worsens dry eye symptoms so do try to relax (easier said than done, I know).
      Now, worse case this is a long term complication there are many things you can do to make your symptoms more managable. You will need to calmly explore all the resources on this website and systematically try them out to see what will help you.
      What helped me the most early post op was using Genteal Gel at night to sleep. Single vial Systane drops during the day on a timed schedule (every hour, every two hours depending on your needs) warm compresses usually help a great deal. Also you may want to purchase some moisture chamber goggles for using outside, in the car w/air conditioning, computer use and any time your eyes are really unbearable. Having all 4 tear ducts plugged can also bring a lot of moisture to your eyes and calm your symptoms. Discuss this with your doctor if you aren't already quadriplugged. I found Restasis helped me a lot in the first year post op, but it takes several months to know if it is going to help you so you have to be patient with it.
      Most of all you have already taken a HUGE step in your healing, physically and emotionally, by finding this website. Look around and read the helpful tips and suggestions from the veteran members here.
      You have come to the right place, this site and the advice I received here was the biggest step I made toward managing my symptoms and finding comfort.
      Hang in there, it will get better

Comment

Hi Puglover,
        First, as someone said, it's too soon to panic! The one thing you need to do besides everything you've been told here is to call your doctor and get in to see him and explain you can't read what you need to! You may need some temporary glasses to wear for the mono-vision to help you at work. It's too soon to know whether you'll have both eyes set to far vision, but temporary glasses will help your vision stabalize in the meantime.

You need to breathe deeply, too. This is a terrible position to be in. You will find lots of info here about dry eyes, but your doctor is the one to speak to about your vision. If you're not happy, he needs to know. Lucy
        Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Puglover,

There is still plenty of time for your healing, my friend. Be good to yourself and take care of those eyes. Plenty of people do well in time.

Just for good measure, here are a few links:

http://www.dryeyezone.com/faq/index.html

http://www.dryeyezone.com/encyclopedia/index.html

Diana
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Thanks to all! Too soon to tell!

Thanks to everyone that has responded to my cry for help! It is comforting to hear that it is too soon to tell when you hear all these stories of I went right back to work the next day you know!? There is some great news though!!!! I went surfing to see what was out there for this problem I am having and came across this website for Dry Eyes. The product I found is called "theralife" Oh my goodness! I read the testimonials and there was one person that made the statement "What do I have to lose?" It hit home. I have not slept since my Lasik was done, up every 2 hours with dryness in my eyes and having to put drops. I got the pills yesterday and took the first 4 and then that evening took the other 4 ( 8 pills a day for the first week) Honest to goodness I slept last night through the night and woke this morning with wetness in my eyes!!!!!!!! I could see so clearly!!!! At work today I did just fine used drops maybe 3 times today! I'm not a dealer of this product just a very amazed and satisfied not so dry eyed customer! The product also is all natural which is important to me!! I'll keep all posted on my progress, I actually feel there is hope that I will be okay with time and this product!!!! Thank You for all your support!!!!:

Comment

I had monovision done, my distance eye still is blurry but my close up eye is 20/20!!! I find that I am very nauseated also! But I think the worse is the DRY EYES!!!!!! I swear I have tried everything!!! Restatses,plugs every eye drop known to man and gel! I desperately need advise so I can get some kind of relief! Don't think I can take much more!!! My eyes are very important, I am a mail carrier and really depend on my eyes!!! HELP!!!!!!! I also have done heat, am now trying a regemend of vitamins I just am so upset that I have done this to myself! Any advise would be so greatly appreciated from anybody! Thanks!!!
              Puglover, you mean to say that this pill has fixed your dry eyes, bad vision and nausea in one day? Gee, that must mean the rest of us are pretty darn behind both medically and mentally. I'd also like to know where i can buy stock in this product, so that I can become a millionaire by curing all the folks at DEZ. Oh, I'll buy some for myself of course. Lucy

I got the pills yesterday and took the first 4 and then that evening took the other 4 ( 8 pills a day for the first week) Honest to goodness I slept last night through the night and woke this morning with wetness in my eyes!!!!!!!! I could see so clearly!!!! At work today I did just fine used drops maybe 3 times today!
              Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Where do you get these pills and how do they work? Can they be purchased without a prescription?

Comment

Theralife makes nutritional supplements and like most are readily available online. (Google Theralife.)

Puglover please clarify which product you are talking about - the fish oil or the 'eye enhanced' supplement.

I am very, very glad to hear you've found new hope in some symptomatic improvement.

At the same time I need to caution readers against ever rushing out to buy anything based on a report of this type. With nutritional supplements results cannot be expected in days and often not in weeks either. I believe Dr. Lange has addressed this in the Nutritional Supplements discussion forum.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

When i was in my early stages post-lasik, i used so many kinds of eye drops too, and restasis. honestly i feel like the more i used eye drops the less i had of my own natural tears. Even though it sounds unbearable, nothing really helped me anyway. Back then eye drop relief would last only seconds. It takes time for them to feel better though. Whether or not they get fully better, they will feel better than they do now. Take care of youself and be patient and try everything you can Maybe look into punctsl plugs, they are worth a try. Some people are luckier than others.Goodluck to you.

Comment

Theralife

What I have been taking is the Enhance Eye! By no means am I trying to claim I have found some "Magical Pill" just trying to pass along a possible help for others! I definately noticed the next morning my distance eye was seeing more clearly still not 20/20 by no means, and as far as the dry eye? 100% better than what I was going through! Didn't mean to sound like some kind of advertisement just was so excited about my eyes feeling better and not feeling so desperate in thinking that I was gonna be stuck with this forever! All the helps and suggestions everyone posted I tried and some were helpful! My supervisor at work seen how I was struggling and she was the one that told me about Theralife Eye Enhanced, ( her dry eye started after chemo) the next morning there definately for me was a marked difference, don't get me wrong I still had dry eye, just not at the point of what seemed unbearable and being miserable! As Rebecca stated it is a nutritional supplement. As to the nausea, it has eased up some I still am taking the dramamine but hopefully as my eyes improve that too should go away. Was just trying to pass on something I have found that seems to have helped me alot and if it helps someone else that would be great also!

Comment

Update using theralife pills

Went to my eye doc yesterday one that had never seen me before so he had to refer to my chart to see what I was like a week ago to look for history. He said that there was a "marked difference in my "oil film" and my vision!! My right eye 1 week ago was 20/30, yesterday I was able to read another line lower and I am now 20/15!! My left eye is able to read the littlest line possible he said the left eye was off the charts! The doc asked what I had been doing for there to be such a change, and I showed him the pills i had been taking he said that it has definately made a marked difference in my eyes and asked if he could write down the name and suggest it for his other patience with the dry eye problems! (of course I said sure) They get alittle dry still but absolutely nothing like they were, only have to use drops 2-3 times a day now. 2 of my co-workers have started to use the pills both say their eyes feel "different" and will continue to use the pills seem to help they said! Will continue to give updates with my progress!

Comment

I mean no disrespect to Puglover39 and I am not necessarily questioning his/her sincerity but I have some serious credibility issues with these dramatic 'results' using Theralife.

I want to remind users, once again, to read carefully and act cautiously with information over the internet, this forum included. As a general rule of thumb, the longer someone has participated here and the more they have shared of their story/history/situation, the more valuable the information provided about a treatment course and its results.

Puglover39, here is why I am inclined to be skeptical about the relevance of what you've shared to other users:

You had LASIK on or about May 20th.

By June 2nd you had tried "Restatses,plugs every eye drop known to man and gel!".

You started Theralife one day after first posting here, and said you noticed a difference in all your symptoms not 24 hours later.

One day after that you said your dry eye was 100% better, and at your next doctor visit they found the clinical signs much improved.

I am truly happy you're feeling better but the cause-and-effect and certain other parts of your story do not add up for me.

First, the 13 days between your surgery and your first post are almost meaningless as a trial period for any of the treatments you mentioned.

Second, according to pretty much everyone in the supplements industry I've ever posed the question to, supplements for dry eye never act that quickly.

Third, with all the other things you're taking, and considering how early post-op you are, I don't see any reason to assign a cause-and-effect. A lot of people simply get better on their own within those first weeks (in fact I would suggest that is the norm). Then there's the Restasis (you don't mention whether you continued taking it beyond the two weeks) and the plugs (you don't mention whether you left them in or had them removed).

If I come across offensive I am sorry, but there are a lot of people in this forum who have struggled for months or years with severe dry eye. If they want to shell out for yet another supplement, fine, but I don't want them subjected to false hopes any more frequently than necessary.

Thanks for your understanding.
                          Rebecca Petris
                          The Dry Eye Foundation
                          dryeyefoundation.org
                          800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                          X