Today is my 8-Year "LaserVersary" (June 29, 2000) < very long post alert!>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today is my 8-Year "LaserVersary" (June 29, 2000) < very long post alert!>

DEZ Folks -- knowing that not all of you have Lasik-induced dry eye, I am sparing you the full message over here . . . but if you wish to read about my eight-year journey, I have posted today on our sister site, D'Eyealogues/LaserMyEye. The link is below.

http://www.lasermyeye.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2293

And I know, yes, I already know in advance, that Lucy will scold me for my inability to restrain myself by making a brief post. Well, electronic hugs to ((( Lucy ))) and to ((( Dr. Holly))) as well as to (((many others who helped me get to this good place in my journey))).

Thanks

Thank you for taking the time to tell your story, Mary.

I am not a LASIK patient, but I certainly appreciate the example of perseverance that you hold up for us. In addition to having terrible vision and pain problems that got better with hard work and caring for your eyes, you have the psychological complexity of the "choice" added to all else. That part of it is treated so well in your narrative.

Thanks, again, Mary. I'm so glad that things have improved for you!

--Liz

(Rebecca, might I suggest that we add this story to the Dry Eye Triumphs section and maybe collect some other anniversary stories under it. Knowing how people do in the long term is so important, and studies only seem to care about eye problems up until about 18 months, making anecdotes valued and prized among those of us just beginning our healing process.)

Comment

Mary, what a wonderful, wonderful post...

I love how you trace where you were at each year because of the hope it brings. For so many people going through the "dark" part of dry eye - and post LASIK problems in general - what they most want and need to know is, "Can life ever, ever again be normal????"

To which I'd say that...
      TWO years ago I was too busy enjoying living to remember that I had forgotten my anniversary.
      ...is a really, really welcome answer.

p.s. Liz, good idea. When this drops off the front page I'll move it to Triumphs. I will keep an eye out for other anniversary stories and good reports in general.
      Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 30-Jun-2008, 13:29. Reason: p.s.
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X