X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 months post-PRK

Hello All!

It has been quite some time since I have posted on DEZ. I have been trying to give myself a break for some "emotional healing" time.

I am now about 18 months out from PRK and I am still having quite a struggle with severly dry eyes.

My eyes are always uncomfortable, but I am definitely having more and more days that are tolerable. Unfortunately, the bad days are baaaaad and constantly throw me into a turmoil of negative emotion.

I still hope for some natural improvements, but at this point it feels like I am contantly in limbo.

I have been reassured again and again and again that it gets better, but can somebody please reassure me again??

It seems like the passing of the New Year has gotten me back into a very depressed state. The most horrible part of it is how much it has changed my life. I still struggle with getting outside and sensitivity to wind, even with my goggles. I have gained 40 pounds!!!! Between the lack of exercise (I was an avid runner a year ago), the depression and combo of anti-depressants/pain meds, I can't seem to manage my weight. Also, it is still so difficult to watch TV, do computer work, etc. etc.

My husband and I are beginning to paint the interior of our house. I realized this weekend that my eyes can't even handle caulking and spackling the walls!! They got so terribly sore I had to hit the couch the next day. It sucks. How am I supposed to paint the damned trim? I guess we will just get our one room done and put the rest on hold. Just like everything else.

I ramble now. I just need a few words of encouragement today!!

MDE

When a poster goes relatively silent I know that sometimes it's to gain emotional distance because spending too much time online is physically or psychologically painful.

But in my heart of hearts, I become hopeful that they're getting better.
    I wish that were true for you.
    I'm sorry that for now this isn't so.
    But I believe that things might still change, and for the good/ better/ and yes, even best.

Encouragement, Encouragement, Encouragement!

Comment

Working...
    X