Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 yrs post lasik

Originally posted by Kyle
    Would be interested in hearing your story. I have severe dry eye (post 3 years Lasix surgery) and I had to quit my job as a medical transcriptionist as I couldn't take the computer work. Do you know of any new treatments available that would be helpful? I am at my wits end!!
    Last edited by Rebecca Petris; 21-Dec-2005, 19:52.

Linda... I hope you don't mind but I have moved your post from the "Today's Tip" forum over here so that users who have been in your situation or similar will be more likely to see and respond.
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by lindas
      Would be interested in hearing your story. I have severe dry eye (post 3 years Lasix surgery) and I had to quit my job as a medical transcriptionist as I couldn't take the computer work. Do you know of any new treatments available that would be helpful? I am at my wits end!!
      Hi Linda,

I am 4 years post-LASIK. My current "cocktail of choice" is Restasis in AM and PM (2 years now, it seemed to take a while for me) Bio-tears AM and PM (1 year) and Flax seed oil capsules 1000 mg AM and PM 1 each. I will not say things are perfect (someday maybe) but things are improved over 1 year ago. I was still having blurred vision as a result of what I believe to be dry spots on my eyes and it was unreliable as to what to expect through out the day and reading was out of the question. I noticed alot of people taking flax seed oil and happened to have it at the house already so I added this to the mix of things. I have noticed this last year things are better than even one year ago. Again it is far from perfect but there is a noticable improvement. I currently spend most of the day on a computer due to an injury. I wear reading glasses while on the computer this helps to take the strain off my eyes and I have a pair of glasses for my distance vision mainly when driving. I can't say for sure what has helped, but like most of us here I just started trying different suggestions. So far this is as good as it has been. I can read more comfortably now than last Christmas. There is still much room for improvement and I look forward to that day. Untill then I will be happy with what I have cause it is better than what I had a year ago. I hope this helps.
      Jeff

Comment

Welcome Linda

Linda: I am sorry to read that you are going through dry eye difficulties. My regimen is Dakrina drops during the day, dwelle drops for the night. Flaxseed oil, eyelid washes, my four puncta cauterized and a lot of praying.

These "remedies" have helped me so far, ah! also, cover your eyes when you are outdoors with good glasses or googles if necessary.

Take care,

Jessica.

Comment

Working...
        X