This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual Problems

I'm one year post Lasik and have taken Restasis for over six months now. I do the compressions and fish oils and humidity and..... I have seen a little relief from time to time but still have Visual Problems...!! I am fairly confident it is solely due to DES and have been told this by several DOC's so far. My eye sight comes and goes in my left eye, one hour its good, the next real good, then blurry, then back to good for a while. It drives me nuts, there is hope, but regret is at the back of my mind.

any comments on this visual issue topic would be helpful...!!

.....voluntary surgery can give an involuntary response.....

I'm one year post lasik too. I got some undesirable visual aberrations from the surgery such as "starbursts" and "ghosting" but they are rather mild and only happen at night when my pupils dilate. But these are far lesser problems than the pain dry eyes brought to my life.

But yes, blurriness can be related to dry eyes, since I noticed my vision actually sharpens its focus when I use drops, at any time (day or night). And there's no drop that sharpens so well as my own tears.

Comment

Originally posted by MaximusDryus View Post
      I am fairly confident it is solely due to DES and have been told this by several DOC's so far. My eye sight comes and goes in my left eye, one hour its good, the next real good, then blurry, then back to good for a while.
      I think the visual fluctuations point to dryness but some people (including me) get fluctuating vision after LASIK for other reasons as well. Personally, I wouldn't rule out ablation-related causes as contributing to the problem no matter how many opinions there were, after all I've seen/heard in this field, unless those opinions were from some few experts I really trust on that topic. However, it doesn't necessarily matter because if you are obviously dry (which clearly is the case) improving hydration of the cornea should improve vision and vision stability. I guess the way I would look at it - mild irregularities in an ablation that might not bother your vision noticeably with a healthy tear film could make more of a difference with a poor tear film. Either way, improving your tear film is the goal....
      Rebecca Petris
      The Dry Eye Foundation
      dryeyefoundation.org
      800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
      X