This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do you see improvements

I have been more than two months post lasik, and I haven't seen any improvements yet. The drops seem to help little, and the doctors won't plug me for my tear quantity is not that low, but I'm really dry and burnt. I have seen a lot of doctors, every time given new drops. I'm really worried. I'm under a lot of eye pressure, and my parents never believe my pain because the doctors always say my case is not serious. I've just been to university, and really want to drop. But no one will let me go just because of dry eyes. My parents become mad when I talk about dropping school. I'm always dreaming about the day before I did the lasik. I think god has forgotten me, maybe. I really want to sleep and never wake up sometimes. Living on is like a nightmare for me and I'm hopeless.

I'm 9 months out and still feeling terrible, better then I did at 6-7 months (maybe I've just gotten use to the pain) out but still nowhere near close to feeling comfortable again. Keep looking for help, hopefully someone will take you seriously and put some effort into figuring out your case. If you find something that works for you please let us know.

Comment

Time, time, time

Hello there,

Sorry you are going through this horrible time. Many people here have been where you are. You are a baby in the healing process. The biggest job you have right now is to try your best to remain CALM!! I know, easier said than done. But truly, you have no idea how your eyes will heal after this. You could be like many people who after a sevaral months heal just fine. In any event many, many people do improve in time even if it takes time to get a good regime down and find what helps you.

Some things that have helped me to cope and improve (now almost 3 years post-op)

1. Moisture chamber goggles (panoptyx, onion goggles etc..)
      2. Warm rice baggie when needed
      3. Genteal gel to sleep with
      4. Genteal moderate dry eye drops when needed
      5. Lowering my computer monitor to below eye level (big help!!)
      6. Staying very well hydrated

I know this isn't what you signed up for. Wasn't what I thought I was getting either. Bottom line, here we are, we must find a way to cope and get on with life as best we can.

If you are feeling very low, seek the help of a councelor or other professional to help you deal with those feelings. They really can impede your healing both physically and emotionally.

You have come to the right place for help and support. You are not alone.

Hang in there!
      LL

Comment

I think it's normal to feel so low when something this significant happens to your eyes - having crazy dry eyes royally sucks! But that being said, hang in there... things will get better... odds are your dry eyes will improve with time, and for sure you'll get better at coping with it too. You won't always feel this unhappy... honestly!

Please hang in there!

/hugs!

Comment

For what it's worth, I am 7-1/2 months out from LASIK and I too am concerned that the dryness won't improve, in fact, I feel worse now than I did at three months. Between this and the many floaters I have as a result I just am lucky to get through each day. I do love hearing the success stories and am holding out hope for relief. I received my order of Dwelle last week and I have to say that it seems to irritate my eyes a bit and after about 15 minutes I have to put my refresh plus in. I have discontiued it for now as I am not sure. I have had this experience with many other drops as well, it seems the Genteal and the Refresh are the only things I can use for now. Lets keep praying for some healing!

Comment

I have to say I too never found comfort in any drops but systane and the genteal products. I tried the Dr. Holly drops as well and they stung me which never happened with any of the other drops I used. However I know many here have benefits from them. The point is finding what works and sticking with that.

If you feel you are getting worse instead of better as the months progress after your lasik it's time to try other things. Plugs helped me TONS. Obviously I had problems with not producing enough tears. That was the first thing I had done that made things better. I think plugs can help lots of lasik patients because severing those nerves cuts down on quantity of tears. Lasik patients have injured eyes and most people will recover (at least to a certain degree) to the injury. This isn't something that was caused to do a systematic thing. We were injured. But there can and usually is a lot of healing and with that comes comfort. It takes lots of time, sometimes several years, but can be acheived, if not to total pre-op perfection, to a degree where it can be managed.

Heres to your healing!
            LL

Comment

Working...
            X