This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antihistamine eye drop without BAK

I need an antihistamine eye drop without the preservative BAK. Ideally, it would also be without a decongestant (reduces redness), but without BAK is the priority. I've tried Similisan Allergy without good results so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Going to watch this thread Dru. I was going to use some Zaditor this morning, but noticed it contained BAK so passed. Have been wondering about the same thing, so hope someone has an answer for you! It's allergy season.

Comment

I would check Leiter's Compounding Pharmacy for PF antihistamine drops. They are the only source I can think of to possibly have them.

http://www.leiterrx.com/wp-content/u..._PriceList.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by spmcc View Post
        I would check Leiter's Compounding Pharmacy for PF antihistamine drops. They are the only source I can think of to possibly have them.

http://www.leiterrx.com/wp-content/u..._PriceList.pdf
        Thanks very much. That's pretty pricey, but maybe my insurance will cover it partially.
        Dru

Comment

Hi Dru,

Leiter's could be your starting place... at least you know that PF antihistamine drops are possible. You could print out the page and take it to your doctor. Maybe someone local makes them too? Ask your doctor - he/she should know. In any case, your doctor (who will probably already know about Leiter's - my doctors do) can direct you towards the best drop to try (taking into consideration your coverage).

All the best.

Comment

Antihistamine without any preservative.

Originally posted by Dru View Post
            I need an antihistamine eye drop without the preservative BAK. Ideally, it would also be without a decongestant (reduces redness), but without BAK is the priority. I've tried Similisan Allergy without good results so any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
            Hello I live in the UK - Here Moorfields Pharmaceuticals produce CATACROM 2% w/v Eye drops BP in single unit does vials which are preservative free. They contain sodium Cromoglicate 2%. an antihistamine for hay fever and allergy eyes. Dont know if they are available elsewhere, dont know if this helps. Good luck
            ( I cant use anything with any type of preservative, and these were great for me)

Comment

Working...
            X