Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you use drops that contain preservatives, may I ask you a couple of questions?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you use drops that contain preservatives, may I ask you a couple of questions?

1) What is your diagnosis?
    2) how many times do you drop with preservative-containing eye drop?

I ask because I may have found my holy grail eye drop (blink gel tears) - the only thing is that it contains preservatives (at least it's one of the less harsh ones, though the name escapes me at the moment). I read a paper where the participants used Blink drops (though the regular kind; not the gel version) 8 times a day for a month without any issues. And I've been told 6 drops per day is fine by a doctor... I guess I'm wondering if that's at the higher end (ie, maybe not so good) of things.

I have severe dry eyes post DCR surgery, and I use Simialsan for Allergies they contain a preservative but its Silver Sulfate, I have tried many different over the counter drops, and have a problem with them including the preservative free ones, I believe it's the main ingredients in the lubrication drops, that seen to contain either Propylene Glycol, or Carbomer. I tried to switch again because my eye Doctor suggested them but they cause so much problems with me, that I went back to these that do not irritate my eyes at all. By the way I put way more than 6 drops in my eyes each day, I couldn't even begin to count. Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
    X