Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

new redness reducing eye drops with no rebound!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• normah123
    replied
    Dr. Forstot in Denver, CO prescribed the Alphagan. Note that insurance will not pay for it since I don't have glaucoma. Its not cheap.

Leave a comment:

• normah123
    replied
    The Alphagen has been working great. Again, I use it sparingly. It lasts for about 5-6 hours for me (a good evening out). I also just tried "Manual Lymphatic Drainage Visceral Manipulation" (Lymphatic Massage) with a therapists in Denver. It actually seemed to help but I'm not sure yet about the placebo effect. I'm going to go to her again and see results.

Leave a comment:

• Zane
    replied
    Great find Ktennies. Will check this out soon.

Leave a comment:

• ktennies
    replied
    I found this site which has an article that mentions a Dr. Bloomenstein who already uses diluted brimonidine for his red eye patients (http://www.reviewofoptometry.com/con...y_eye/c/52471/ about 2/3 of the way down the page). I'm not sure how he does this in regard to mixing and getting to patients via prescription. I contacted his office but was given no answers from their receptionist.

Leave a comment:

• ktennies
    replied
    Originally posted by normah123 View Post
    My doctor has given me a prescription to use Alphagen for red eyes. He said I can use it once or twice a day. The risk is that over a 2 or 3 year period some people develop an allergy to it and it will make your eyes even more red. It will also cause a slight increase in dryness. I use it for special events, dinners out, etc. It can also make you sleepy.

Does it work?

Leave a comment:

• normah123
    replied
    My doctor has given me a prescription to use Alphagen for red eyes. He said I can use it once or twice a day. The risk is that over a 2 or 3 year period some people develop an allergy to it and it will make your eyes even more red. It will also cause a slight increase in dryness. I use it for special events, dinners out, etc. It can also make you sleepy.

Leave a comment:

• Zane
    replied
    Something strange..my right eye now is more red than my left eye....This condition is really frustrating..often dominating my day. Its hard to forget about it and truly accept it...

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    OK, thanks. I don't use LInked In. I guess I should..

Leave a comment:

• Zane
    replied
    Good Find Oliver

Ive reached out to Gerald Horn a few times He hasnt responded. I found him on linkedin.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/ophthalm...rugdevelopment

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    This also seems to refer to it??? (and relate to him)
    http://www.freshpatents.com/-dt20140...0140038974.php
    Last edited by Oliver; 14-Nov-2015, 06:57.

Leave a comment:

• Oliver
    replied
    Hi there. Does anyone have any news on this? I see Gerald Horn has something to do with it https://twitter.com/visionxcl Gerald Horn

@visionxcl

Lasik surgeon. Great family. Tennis fanatic. Love hiking out west. Pharma: Drop for red eyes on market 2016? Drop for reading vision FDA trials to start 2015.

Anyone have a contact email for him??

Leave a comment:

• BigApple24
    replied
    I agree with holding off on the eye whitening surgery. Has anyone on here actually heard of whether or not people have had long term success with that surgery? I've only been able to find some youtube videos from back in 2009 where that guy went on that Doctors show, but I haven't heard anything since then. Apparently Dr. Wachler is still offering the surgery from what I can gather from their website, although I believe I heard someone say on here that the FDA would be banning it in the U.S. because it's too dangerous

Leave a comment:

• Zane
    replied
    Don't risk it JJ. Wait another year. Avoid any redness drops in the meantime. I'd look into lotemax if you haven't already. It's relatively low risk for increasing eye pressure. See your opthamolgist first.

Leave a comment:

• jj1218
    replied
    The worst part is being young like me 24 years old and getting red veins around my sclera... To be quite honest I am considering getting them removed as I can't live with this pain. I tried most things, but it seems using more drops makes it worse than before using 0.

Leave a comment:

• BigApple24
    replied
    has anyone used alphagan-P? If so what did you think of it?

On a side not I'm tired of hearing how far our society has come along with technology when we don't even know how to get rid some red veins in people's eyes...Why don't we have national eye redness awareness day? On second thought I'm okay without it..

Leave a comment:

Working...
X