This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eye pressure after Lasik--Dr G??

I'm hoping Dr G can answer this. I've heard that you can get false eye pressure readings after having Lasik. (In other words, pressure is really high, but registers as normal.) Is this true? I was using Tobradex (steroid) ointment over a long period time and was worried about my pressure. The ophalmologist said it was ok, but later I read of this phenomenon that can happen after Lasik. Should I have my pressure checked by an alternate method?

Comment

Thanks for the reply, Dr. G!

Comment

Tobradex

REBECCA SPEAKING... OOPS AND MY APOLOGIES TO LEO

I tried to quote your post while replying to it, and I inadvertently edited your post!! Couldn't get back the original, except for the part I was quoting:

"...he said I should use Tobradex now twice a day for one more week. Should I ignore his advice and stop using it?"

And my reply was (well originally it was much wordier) No.

Sorry! Never did that before. I'll be more careful.
        Rebecca

Comment

Leo,

If you feel you are being well-monitored by your doctor and you trust him/her, I would continue with the treatment as suggested. I am guessing your doctor is concerned with discontinuing too abruptly and causing the symptoms to return.

I believe steroids are safe so long as you are being seen by a competent physician. In my opinion, it was sheer malpractice that caused the damage to the patient who started this thread.

Diana
          Last edited by dianat; 10-Nov-2007, 21:57.
          Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

Comment

Working...
          X