This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally nailing down the ****er... testosterone inhibition

Now I'm 99% positive I know what's affecting me. I've suffered from hyperprolactinoma for years, and took medication to get it under control. I did suffer from eye pain in the past (along with pain inside the ear), and eventually the symptoms all went away.

In these last 3 years as I began college I started taking my medication far, far less than I used to. I discovered that in 2009 I only took prescriptions for three months, out of the 12 ones.

I saw my endo at the beginning of the month, and according to blood testing, my prolactin level is that of a woman who just gave birth. It was like 5-6x more years ago when it was first diagnosed, but this is still highly abnormal for a young man.

In the last months my eye symptoms were also accompanied by suspicious weight gain. When I had the hyperprolactinoma going unchecked I was morbidly obese.

I had switched medications (from Dostinex to Norprolac) at the beginning of the year. Dostinex is clearly much, much more potent and efficient.

I've been taking the stuff for 15 days, and it's having absolutely dramatic effects on my eye condition. It seems to get better every time I take it (2x a week).

My eyes feel much more wet, and tears come out much more easily. On the mornings after I take the medication, I notice some yellow goo at the base of my lower lids--- an overflow of oil from the meibomian glands, to be sure. In these times I feel like I've just made intense physical exercise and I feel very agressive and daring, which is the effect of testosterone.

I started being able to do things I used to do before with much less pain, like going to a store like Wal-Mart, or take long walks.

This drug inhibits the prolactin and will progressively reduce its rate. My symptoms seem like they were directly caused by the prolactin which has an inhibiting effect on the testosterone. With the testosterone flowing more normally, it directly impacts the quantity and quality of oil and tears to my eyes.

Anyhow I'd recommend anyone whose source of dry eyes is still nebulous to consult an endocrynologist and get a thorough blood test done asap.

Hello

Happy to hear you are doing so well and I think you are absolutely correct and that it would be beneficial for us all to keep searching and trying to find the cause of our condition,not just meds to cover it up.I am currently having tug of wars with Opthamologist,Derm and primary doctor and trying to get them to understand that there is something internally wrong!!!!I wish you continued success.

Comment

Still getting a bit better after every dose, looking good so far. It's going at snail like speeds, but constantly. Unlike before where every day was literally worse than the last and things never got better! If it's like a few years back, which all signs really, really point towards, then 99% of all the pain should go away permanently. I produce tears so much more easily that it's not even funny. I look at the inside of my eyes on my lower inner eyelids and it's just so much more wet and gooey.

Now I hurt more, I had to start the heating again. Ouch! My inner lids hurt so much more. I remember that's when I first noticed these problems last year.

I will try again what I tried last year, that is, warm compresses + Lid-Care to get some of the swelling down. Cold gel packs don't really seem to work well.

I'd like to try some testosterone cream, but I have more chances to win the biggest prize at the Lotto 6/49 here than to find a Canadian professional willing to prescribe me one. :roll:

Of course if someone knows where I could get some prescription-free, I'd like to hear.
      Last edited by Roderick; 07-Oct-2010, 20:44.

Comment

Working...
      X