Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of doctor to perform testing?

While I'm waiting for the results of my autoimmune blood tests, I want to also get my hormones tested (estrogen, testosterone, progesterone...). I'm wondering, is it better to go to a gyno or an endo? Sorry, I know this isn't exactly related to eyes, but I know some of you have gone through this testing and I'm kind of lost as to what step to do next. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Thank you

I finally got my lab results back. Everything looks pretty normal (negative for Sjogren's, Lupus, RA, etc...yay!!!). One thing I noticed is my TSH is 0.63 (normal range: 0.45-4.5). I know it is in normal range, but with my symptoms I'm slightly concerned. The doctor didn't say anything about it, I only found it after asking for a copy of my results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Comment

Hi Lacey, having been around Thyroid forums quite a bit, that is one of the lower TSH results I've seen. In theory, the lower the better but typically between 1 & 2 is preferable.

How do you feel?? If you are feeling sluggish and tired, then your TSH is a bit too low but it may also be that you have adequate T3\T4 and your thyroid does not need to be stimulated to make more.

Jamie
      Jamie

Comment

Working...
      X