This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Judy,
    I'm sorry to read this. I was really hoping this would be the thing. I'm pm'ing you some info about t-drops &Dr. Sullivan

Comment

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
      My understanding is that the side effects are not good and that's why it's not gone mainstream. For women, there's extra body / facial hair, possibly deepening of voice, and other things. The worst, though, is the increased chance of cancer. Endochronologists weigh the increased risk with the need for testosterone (in other words, is your testosterone lower than it should be or is it normal but you're hoping testosterone will increase your tear production). I had a pretty long talk with an Endo about this and when it was said and done (my levels are completely normal), I decided it was definitely not worth the risk.
      Woah!!!!!!! Where's the source of this? I was thinking of trying this but increased chance of cancer??? That's pretty scary. I don't know now. I had basal cell already and I sure as hell don't want anything in my eye. I don't understand how it could increase it though!

Comment

i have been using the Progesterone/testostoerone .5% eye drops for about 5 or 6 weeks now... i dont see a difference yet..not sure what they are supposed to do..the pharmacist said my eyes should have felt better within a few weeks (but i have sjogrens too)....anyone have any luck?? are the drops supposed to keep the glands open? the pharmacist at Leiters couldnt answer this question. thanks!!!! and good luck to all of you trying this stuff!
        Jenny

Comment

It's good you can tolerate the drops, Jenny, but very disappointing that you don't notice any improvement. I had no improvement with the DHEA drops either, and they also burned and irritated my eyelids very badly. I stopped taking them after three and a half weeks, I just couldn't stand the burning anymore. I don't know how long it is supposed to take before they have an effect. My ophthalmologist thought I should have noticed an effect by three weeks, but he wasn't sure. I wonder if there is enough experience with the drops for anyone to know how long it takes for them to take effect.
          Judy

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
          i have been using the Progesterone/testostoerone .5% eye drops for about 5 or 6 weeks now... i dont see a difference yet..not sure what they are supposed to do..the pharmacist said my eyes should have felt better within a few weeks (but i have sjogrens too)....anyone have any luck?? are the drops supposed to keep the glands open? the pharmacist at Leiters couldnt answer this question. thanks!!!! and good luck to all of you trying this stuff!

Comment

hey judy..
            i am so sorry that they irritated your lids so bad... yikes.. ((.... i can tolerate them fine but its going on 6 weeks and am unsure as to whether i re-order or not..since they are so $$$.. at least for me they are... my doc didnt know how long since it was my idea to take them. the pharmacist said 2-3 weeks but wasnt sure of the exact mechanism of how they help people... as to whether they help the glands stay open or make more tears... i am 38..how old ru? maybe we are too young for them to help? i dont know.. i do know i tried straight testosterone cream on my lids about 3 years ago for 6 months and it did nothing as well..

Originally posted by heyjude0701 View Post
            It's good you can tolerate the drops, Jenny, but very disappointing that you don't notice any improvement. I had no improvement with the DHEA drops either, and they also burned and irritated my eyelids very badly. I stopped taking them after three and a half weeks, I just couldn't stand the burning anymore. I don't know how long it is supposed to take before they have an effect. My ophthalmologist thought I should have noticed an effect by three weeks, but he wasn't sure. I wonder if there is enough experience with the drops for anyone to know how long it takes for them to take effect.
            Judy
            Jenny

Comment

It's not because you're too young; I'm 63 and they didn't help me either. I think I have a bit more aqueous tears from Restasis, but my meibomian glands are completely dried up, no oily layer at all to keep the aqueous tears from evaporating. I thought that is what the testosterone drops would help, but they didn't help at all, only made things worse while I was taking them. Fortunately a few days after I stopped, the irritation and redness in my eyelids went away. I'm so sorry that they are not helping you either. I guess it is back to the drawing board. Judy

Originally posted by jenny2008 View Post
              hey judy..
              i am so sorry that they irritated your lids so bad... yikes.. ((.... i can tolerate them fine but its going on 6 weeks and am unsure as to whether i re-order or not..since they are so $$$.. at least for me they are... my doc didnt know how long since it was my idea to take them. the pharmacist said 2-3 weeks but wasnt sure of the exact mechanism of how they help people... as to whether they help the glands stay open or make more tears... i am 38..how old ru? maybe we are too young for them to help? i dont know.. i do know i tried straight testosterone cream on my lids about 3 years ago for 6 months and it did nothing as well..

Comment

aw..thanks for sharing your age... i guess it just doesnt help some people... i thought maybe because i wasnt in that stage of life yet....

anyway. thankfully your eyelids are ok now..that sounds awful what you went through... I too thought they would help the glands.. i wont know until i go to the doc i guess but my one eye is soo dry--but i have sjogrens and that is why that eye is just bone dry..
                good luck.. hopefully we find something to help... like you said 'back to the drawing board'.. jenny

Originally posted by heyjude0701 View Post
                It's not because you're too young; I'm 63 and they didn't help me either. I think I have a bit more aqueous tears from Restasis, but my meibomian glands are completely dried up, no oily layer at all to keep the aqueous tears from evaporating. I thought that is what the testosterone drops would help, but they didn't help at all, only made things worse while I was taking them. Fortunately a few days after I stopped, the irritation and redness in my eyelids went away. I'm so sorry that they are not helping you either. I guess it is back to the drawing board. Judy
                Jenny

Comment

I'm reposting this from another thread in case it was missed. The question is from Surya:

"Jenny

How did you get the prescription for testosterone cream and where did you get it compounded and what strength?"

Comment

DON'T BE UNECESSARILY SCARED OFF BY TESTOSTERONE BEING DANGEROUS. I'll explain a bit more in the my next thread....
                    Last edited by DCRdryeye; 02-Mar-2013, 22:31.

Comment

Originally posted by PotatoCakes View Post
                      My understanding is that the side effects are not good and that's why it's not gone mainstream. For women, there's extra body / facial hair, possibly deepening of voice, and other things. The worst, though, is the increased chance of cancer. Endochronologists weigh the increased risk with the need for testosterone (in other words, is your testosterone lower than it should be or is it normal but you're hoping testosterone will increase your tear production). I had a pretty long talk with an Endo about this and when it was said and done (my levels are completely normal), I decided it was definitely not worth the risk.

The new information available is that Testosterone does NOT cause cancer. Endocrinologists have it wrong where Testosterone and cancer is concerned. This forum has been blown out of proportion with misinformation, a small 3% dab of testosterone cream on the eyelids is not going to produce extra body / facial hair and deepening of the voice (even if your Testosterone is normal). We are talking about giving the eyes more of what it needs to secrete tears, and since androgen receptors exist in the lacrimal glands and meibobian glands...they are there for a reason.

Men who got prostate cancer - the medics blame it on testosterone. But testosterone is not the culprit, it's not a proliferative molecule, ESTROGEN is the culprit molecule. An ageing male has an an increased amount of estrogen, and lower levels of Testosterone.

I doubt a small 3% Testosterone cream is going to go systemic and wreck havoc on your hormonal system. My advice is to use the Testosterone cream on your eyelids , without a worry. Or monitor your Testosterone levels (via blood and saliva) regularly to see if they have changed. Take Vitamin D3 which oversees and keeps the entire hormal system in balance. And to further ease your nerves:

http://www.naturalnews.com/022900_te...gen_women.html

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0419121353.htm

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ActiveA...3247773&page=1

http://www.getds.com/20110208159/Blo...w-testosterone

Comment

Working...
                      X