This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry eye and falling hair

I have severe dry eye about 8 months ago, and recently find out that my hair keep falling down.Many of the falling hair are thin and about 6〜8 cm. I have tested my blood to find if I have sojourn. It is negative. Now I'm curious if my falling hair and dry eye is a sign of immune problem. Anyone has similar problem? Please help! I'm really scare now and I loss all my confident.

Carol

Mine is falling out, but not in handfuls. There are other autoimmune diseases (Alopecia) that can make your hair fall out, and also thyroid problems can make hair fall out and give you dry eyes: http://www.thyroidinstitute.org/thyr...treatment.html

Good luck. I don't know why my hair is falling out either.

Comment

Originally posted by icycarol View Post
      I have severe dry eye about 8 months ago, and recently find out that my hair keep falling down.Many of the falling hair are thin and about 6〜8 cm. I have tested my blood to find if I have sojourn. It is negative. Now I'm curious if my falling hair and dry eye is a sign of immune problem. Anyone has similar problem? Please help! I'm really scare now and I loss all my confident.

Carol
      Could also be stress. Hair can start fall out about 6 month after a stressful event, and getting DES sure is stressful...

Comment

I have Alopecia and have had it for ten years now. I finially buzzed off what was left of my bio hair in August and now wear a wig full time, I don't think they are related, as I have tested neg for Sjogrens thankfully, I had DCR surgery which may be the main reason for my extreme dry eyes. I'm sorry to hear about your hair, it may just be stress, or may be Alopecia, which is an autoimmune disease with many variables, some who have it lose all their hair and then it all grows back and never falls again, others just lose a patch or two and it disappears, there is no predicting it. I'm considered AU (alopecia Universalis) because I have lost most of my hair on head but also arm, leg and eyebrows and lashes (which thankfully have grown back right now) If you begin to have smooth round spots of hair loss see a Dermatologist who can do a correct diagnosis. Best of luck to you, and if you ever need to talk more about it, or your hair loss becomes worse you can PM me.
        Christine

Comment

Check hormones. Low estrogen/progesterone can do all sorts of strange things.

Comment

Working...
          X