This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the pill and dry eye....Progesterone

Ive been given the pill with progesterone only to regulate periods. Im wondering since this isnt oestrogen, would it be safer to use for dry eye?
    I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

I'm wondering the same thing. i've been considering using Mirena, which is an IUD that is Progesterine only. I tried looking this up on the net, but couldn't find anything conclusive. My gyn says it is better for the dry eyes, and she says it is better than estrogen for rosacea. I have become such a skeptic when it comes to systemic medications and what doctors say. It would be good to hear feedback from people that use these pills and/or devices.

Comment

I use the lowest dose estrogen pill. The type I use is lowette, 20mcg ethinylestradiol, 0.10mg levonorgestrel

no side affects that I know about, have been tempted to go back up to Yasmin (?) because I do get spots still, but I'm going to go to a dematologist first. I'd prefer not to go to a higher dose, have been very happy with the low one but if I get diagnosed with rosacea maybe it would help me, I don't know... Interested too on other thoughts.
      just keep swimming...

Comment

Yes im very sceptical as well when doctors say things adont effect dry eye etc.

I was told that before going on anti depressants.. and look where i am now!
        I know i had the prob so i cant blame the antid's (it mite have been the ortho k lenses anyway). Just wish id stayed away from drugs when i was otherwise healthy, except for depression.

It makes sense that progesterone only would be better for dry eye. Im currently using progesterone cream on the eyelids which has helped. So i cant see a pill making things worse. It to regulate menstrual cycle as is normal pills, and you never know- it might help things. If it helps rosacea it may help ocular.
        I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

I have wondered exactly the same thing as I've been on the progesterone only pill for about 5 years (long before I had lasik and therefore dry eye). I tried doing some research but it is all very unclear. However I too think the link is between oestrogen and dry eye.

Just my 2 pennys worth

Comment

Working...
          X