Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eye lashes that grow out of place and scratch your eyes.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eye lashes that grow out of place and scratch your eyes.

Ever since I had SJS, my eye lashes grow below the eye lid margin and scratch my eye quite a bit, so I have to take tweezers and pull them out. Sometimes, they are so tiny, I can't see them but they scratch real bad leaving my eyes red where they have been scratching. Does anyone else have this problem? Is there a procedure to help to the growth of the eye lashes so I don't have to do this anymore? Thanks!

Originally posted by Chemia
    I have the same problem in my lower eyelids. I do pluck them if I see them but sometimes they are too small and they scratch the cornea and you get the foriegn body sensation. I was told that they can cauterize them and could get rid of them probably permanently.
    That would be nice, but I only have the problem on the top lids. And it is a CONSTANT issue. Every single day I deal with it. It would release so many problems if that could be fixed. I probably wouldn't even compain about the dry eyes if that was fixed.

Comment

Yes I have the same problem although mine tend to fall out of their own accord. (I don't have SJS).

They used to treat this condition with epilation or electrolysis and I think the aim was to remove the offending lashes completely. I've read that something called Ruby Laser is now used - although I don't know much about it.

Have you mentioned it to your doctor?

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
        Yes I have the same problem although mine tend to fall out of their own accord. (I don't have SJS).

They used to treat this condition with epilation or electrolysis and I think the aim was to remove the offending lashes completely. I've read that something called Ruby Laser is now used - although I don't know much about it.

Have you mentioned it to your doctor?
        I have seen several doctors and none of them really mention anything like that. I need to see a dr. soon, it's been about a year since I have seen one.

Comment

I do not have this problem normally, but once or twice had a doc "pluck" eyelash going astray.

I would urge anyone with this problem to have a dr deal with it. For one, using tweezers or whatever can be dangeroous in the wrong hands :-), probably not sterile etc. Working on your own eyes just isn't an easy thing to do, basically because you can't see what you're doing.

Please be careful as you probably can't see the whole area. Lucy
          Don't trust any refractive surgeon with YOUR eyes.

The Dry Eye Queen

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy View Post
            I do not have this problem normally, but once or twice had a doc "pluck" eyelash going astray.

I would urge anyone with this problem to have a dr deal with it. For one, using tweezers or whatever can be dangeroous in the wrong hands :-), probably not sterile etc. Working on your own eyes just isn't an easy thing to do, basically because you can't see what you're doing.

Please be careful as you probably can't see the whole area. Lucy
            I have been doing this for 7 years now. I have gotten pretty used to it. But it is getting old. I barely have any eye lashes now in my left eye because they point into my eye and causes it be very painful. Can they do a bleph and pull my eye lid up so they don't point down or something?

Comment

I'm unsure if this information is appropriate or not. You need to scroll down the page.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/entropion.html

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                I'm unsure if this information is appropriate or not. You need to scroll down the page.

http://hcd2.bupa.co.uk/fact_sheets/html/entropion.html
                That is perfect, thank you so much! I will have to check that out!

Comment

Entropion

Hi!
                  I had a severe Stevens Johnson too when i was 18 months (i'm 23 years now) and i had the exact same problem that you mention, and being a child they did me the Entropion surgery (in facth i didn't know the name until now). It worked perfectly.

So check it out...

I hope it helps.
                  SJS
                  Shrimmers 3/10mm
                  Autoserum(main drop).Dwell(3/day).Tobradex(2/day). Tranquileyes wth Lubrifilm(night). Onion goggles (In/PC).WileyXBlinkLA(Out)
                  Entropion surgery
                  Amniotic membrane:18months

Comment

Working...
                  X