Eyelashes Turning In Towards Eye?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyelashes Turning In Towards Eye?

I have many eyelashes that are turning in towards my right eye. Not sure why they are doing this but figure it could be a result of my mild bleph and all the eye drops I've been taking over the last 10 months.

Anybody know what I should be doing about these lashes? should I be getting them removed and if so by who? will the opthamologist do it?

I figure they may be effecting my vision just a little bit, sometimes I think I'm seeing floaters but I'm thinking that it may just be the lashes.

if you have a good local optometrist with whom you have a good relationship, he should be able to do it for you...mine does.

good luck!

Comment

My lashes are like that on both eyes.

The lash follicles are very dry & shallow so I find that they fall out easily anyway.

It hurts to pull them out and I wonder if damage might be done to the follicle if it's done too frequently. I don't wear mascara very often but sometimes I use it to tame the wayward lashes.

It might help to smear a small amount of oil onto an eyelash comb and tease the little blighters to go in the other direction. You could try using a mini eyelash curler but that can make the lashes rather dry.

Comment

I have the same problem too. I just gently pull my eyelashes upward in the shower. This helps to get rid of any of the loose eyelashes, but doesn't really straighten them out too much. I am not sure what to do. It seems to be another one of those things that comes with having bleph/mgd.

I would also be interested in hearing any advice or tips.

Comment

One ophthalmologist told me that in cases where the lashes were actually touching the eye and causing real problems, they could remove some of them using electrolysis or epilation.

This chap agreed that my lashes were very disorderly but didn't want to go that far with treatment.

Look at this site for explanation - although this isn't the opthalmologist that I saw.

http://www.mrdavidcheung.com/page46/page35/index.html

Comment

Working...
          X