Swirls/Waves/Ripples in Tear Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirls/Waves/Ripples in Tear Film

Can any of you guys see like swirls/waves/ripples on the surface of the cornea when you blink? It looks like the tear film is cloudy or has some kind of soap or oil (maybe mucus) in it. You know how your eyes look after you put bedtime ointment in them? You see it coating your eye with every blink, you know? I have this all the time and can't seem to figure it out.

Yeah I have this too. It's really annoying and I don't really know how to fix it.

Comment

Does yours cause any vision disturbances? I think mine causes ghosting. Also, when I get something in my eye like a hair or eyelash, it just sticks to the surface of my eye like glue and it's hard to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by magicmadcap View Post
        Also, when I get something in my eye like a hair or eyelash, it just sticks to the surface of my eye like glue and it's hard to get out.
        I keep a bottle of saline solution (the kind you use for rinsing contact lenses) around specifically for rinsing eyelashes and the like from my eye... it works great, is cheaper than using eyedrops for this purpose, and it doesn't sting like plain water does.

Comment

This is actually the meibum layer of your tear film. I can see mine with a mirror in the right light. Now as to what it actually is supposed to look like I'm not sure

Comment

Hello magicmadcap - what a name !!! conjures up all kinds of images
            Anyway -- to get down to the eye bussiness ---

I wonder are you experiencing floaters - they can come over as swirls waves and ripples
            Mostly they are harmless and are due to debris in the vitreous ie the jelly part of the eyeball

Comment

hmm no way ive been wondering for months what this is lol i to get like blurry bit that floats in my left eye so have put me drops in to wash it out.
              phew im not the only one

Comment

Yeah, I know what floaters are and this is something on the outside of the eye. Like something I can see in the tear film that is fluid, if that makes any sense. ;}

Comment

Sounds like meibum. It can take on a kind of soapy look when your tear film is messed up from MGD.
                  Rebecca Petris
                  The Dry Eye Foundation
                  dryeyefoundation.org
                  800-484-0244

Comment

Working...
                  X