Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Conjuctivochalasis will everyone have that?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conjuctivochalasis will everyone have that?

I was reading a little bit about red eyes and MGD and one thing i found was something that made me a bit scared, conjuctivochalasis. Is that something that everyone with red eyes/MGD will have at some point??? I am asking everyone of you who has had red eyes for sometime.

...I have it in my left eye...the size of it varies a bit though (usually worst in the morning).

Toril

Comment

Is that the eye you have more inflammation in or maybe that dosnīt have anything to do with it. What i found out is that you can get that when you have a lot of inflammation and i can not find anything to stop my inflammation...so scary...

Comment

..hmm..yes, it's the eye with most inflammation, but also he conjuctivachalasis itself is putting extra stress on my cornea, making it more inflamed. I've also had an eyelid surgury long time ago in this eye, so I think there are many factors that can lead to irritation/inflammation of the cornea in my case. Yesterday I had a pretty good eye day, and then the conjuctivachalasis was less, and also redness and irritation was less...so, it seems to be linked together.

Toril

Comment

I have it and it is much worse in my right eye even though my left eye gives me more discomfort.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
            I have it and it is much worse in my right eye even though my left eye gives me more discomfort.
            Hi,

I've never heard of "Conjuctivochalasis". Could you please explain what conjuctivochalasis is? Thank you.

Pam

Comment

Taken from http://www.eyesite.org/blepharitis.html

Conjunctivochalasis is the presence of microscopic folds on the surface of the white part of the eye. They are not usually visible to the naked eye. The folds are age-related and/or due to the inflammation of the eye surface caused by blepharitis.

The folds are typically located along the lower eyelid margin. During blinking the folds are crushed between the upper and lower eyelids and so become inflamed. Conjunctivochalasis typically causes eye irritation, watering and difficulty with prolonged reading. It usually co-exists with blepharitis

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
                Taken from http://www.eyesite.org/blepharitis.html

Conjunctivochalasis is the presence of microscopic folds on the surface of the white part of the eye. They are not usually visible to the naked eye. The folds are age-related and/or due to the inflammation of the eye surface caused by blepharitis.

The folds are typically located along the lower eyelid margin. During blinking the folds are crushed between the upper and lower eyelids and so become inflamed. Conjunctivochalasis typically causes eye irritation, watering and difficulty with prolonged reading. It usually co-exists with blepharitis
                Hi,

Thank you for providing me with a excellent explanation of conjunctivochalasis.

Pam

Comment

Working...
                X