red eyeids? Where?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• red eyeids? Where?

Hi! I'm starting to wonder now if I have blepharitis (inflamed eyelids).. But I don't know what this look like. What's red, the inside part, or outside where the meibomian glands are? I can't say my eyelids are red. I have mgd, LOT'S of depris/crust in the morning, especially in my lower eyelids, and red eyes.

Do anyone have pictures of inflammed eyelids?
    The cure: be open minded

I can only speak for myself:

Anterior blepharitis: the edges of my eyelids are red and the lash follicles are inflamed and grow in different directions. Very sore.

Inside the lids (top & bottom) are very red; there are some yellow areas - which the doctor said was debris from the blepharitis.

I also have MGD - so the back part of the lids are red and the glands are blocked.

Both lids have a swollen appearance, the left is the worst one.

Whites of the eyes - veiny but not too bad.

A few images of blepharitis - my eyes look like figures 2 & 3 of this site. At times, they look like figure 4

http://www.eyeupdate.com/pages/Blepharitis.html

And here's a diagram

http://torontoeyeclinic.com/pics/Blepharitis.jpg

Comment

okey, then I think I have Posterior blepharitis. My inner eyelids are verry red (veiny), but people don't see it from the outside.

But I'm not sure if this is:

- Posterior blepharitis
      - MGD
      - Rosacea

Symptoms:

- Lot's of crust in the morning
      - Red eyes all the time
      - Feeling that tears are evaporating to quickly.
      - Dark circles
      - Red inner eyelids (vainey).

As far I can see, the only treatment is:

- Warm compress
      - Massage
      - Eyelidhygiene
      - Tetracycline actavis 250 mg

Em I right?
      The cure: be open minded

Comment

You may well have both kinds.

The type and frequency of the treatment is individualised and not all will respond to the same regimen. That is what makes it so frustrating - we are compliant and yet things don't get any better.

Might doing these basic things just help prevent things getting any worse? The treatment you mention are just basic things that most of us try to do.

Comment

Working...
        X