Skin texture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin texture

Just curious, What is the texture of the skin in your eye area?

Mine has been rough and bumpy, with considerable redness.

I recently purchased some loose bulk clay powder from a health food co-op.
    You are supposed to mix it with a bit of water for a face mask. I tried it,and my face seemed to smooth considerably,
    So I put it all over my lids, even my lashes, and I couldn't believe how much smoother my skin was. Less redness too.
    It did not irritate my eyes

Granted, it could have been a coincidence. But I went back and bought more types to see if I saw any difference.
    I found the bentonite powder too harsh. The French green, and Kaolin were both better. With the kaolin the best so far.
    Still have not tried the French red.

I did a quick look-up and kaolin, (China clay) is basically a hydrated aluminum
    silicate

Is this make up or a mask you put on and wash off later?

Kaolin is alumina silicate---not "aluminum silicate." Clays applied to the skin can pull out chemicals, toxins, so maybe that calms the skin. Also pulls out oils. Does you skin feel too dry afterwards? I don't think I could deal with any more dryness for myself.

Both bentonite and ball clays can absorb more water than kaolin. Kaolin is usually pretty pure, too, whereas other clays have a little organic matter, carbon, iron, and other minerals in them.

C

Comment

A mask you wash off. I looked up kaolin in my Consumer's Dictionary of Cosmetic Ingredients,
      And got the definition of hydrated aluminum silicate.
      Can't vouch for the accuracy.
      It seems to work though. Definitely going to keep using it.

The kaolin is not drying, the others seem more so.

Also, I have done some pottery in the past. I do not think this the same as the china clay I used there. This is a powder

Comment

hi
        I use Green Clay from Akamuti couple times a week

Great!

Comment

Working...
        X