Acuvail experiences?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acuvail experiences?

I suffer from MGD and just transitioned from Acular (.5%) to Acuvail (.45%) and am having difficulty. It feels like my meibomian glands become ossified and sticky. For what it's worth, I also did not have a positive experience with Acular LS (.4%) and so perhaps I just need the stronger concentration of regular Acular.

Anyhow, I was wondering what other people's experiences have been with Acular.

I am not trying to stop these drugs cold turkey, to see if I can, and not having much fun doing it! But I recall when I started on Acular it did not do much for me, and so I figure there is a chance that I have simply become dependent on it, you know, like some people are with chapstick....

I gave Acuvail a test run this summer for MGD. My conclusion was that it may have helped any residual cornea irritation/erosion I had from dry eye, but it did not act on the glands in any way at all. $.02.

Comment

I agree with Rob. I am using Acuvail as a replacement for Nevanac. I started Nevanac about 2 years ago to help with pain and inflammation. In this regard Acuvail has helped because Nevanac contains BAK and Acuvail is preservative free. So I am getting a NSAID without any irritating preservatives. It hasn't made a major difference, but my eyes do feel a little better. However, like Rob said, I have noticed no difference in my glands, good or bad.

Comment

Don't you get large pupiles of NSAID ?? I don't want people to think I'm on drugs... Do you get "the red out of the eyes" when you are using NSAID?

Can normal doctors (not eye -doctors) prescribe SAID?

I hope you can answer this questions I'm thinking about getting a hold of this NSAID drops..
        The cure: be open minded

Comment

Acuvail never caused a change in my pupil size. Rob

Comment

Acuvail did not change my pupil size either. Also, I don't think NSAID's are designed to "get the red out". They may reduce inflammation which might cause the eyes to be less red, but I don't think they contain any ingredients that are meant to specifically "get the red out".

I think you can only get Acuvail from an eye doctor, but I am not 100% sure about that.

Comment

i just got the acuvail to try---can you use the vial more than one time like u can with restasis???
              Jenny

Comment

Working...
              X