Clear All

• Zenmed - experience?

Hi!

Anyone here with experience with Zenmed? http://zenmed.com/

Does this help ocular rosacea?

Thanx!
    The cure: be open minded

Hi

If in doubt, seek out negative feedback.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/corrupt-...aile-52b8y.htm

Comment

Make an appointment with your dermatologist ,man. It's not safe to self prescribe medicines, it's your health what we are talking about, you are not going to find anything good on the net.

I know how tired you are, but remember, there's no shortcut...no miracle drug is gonna take away that redness in 1 week, 2 weeks or a month. I suffer from skin rosacea and it makes me really depressed. My dermatologist prescribed me an anti redness cream and I will give it a shot, one, two or three months, whatever is necessary. Be patient man, this is hard, really hard.

Comment

Originally posted by cristiandryeyes View Post
        Make an appointment with your dermatologist ,man. It's not safe to self prescribe medicines, it's your health what we are talking about, you are not going to find anything good on the net.

I know how tired you are, but remember, there's no shortcut...no miracle drug is gonna take away that redness in 1 week, 2 weeks or a month. I suffer from skin rosacea and it makes me really depressed. My dermatologist prescribed me an anti redness cream and I will give it a shot, one, two or three months, whatever is necessary. Be patient man, this is hard, really hard.
        I don't have red skin, but I've heard that I have to work on my rosacea (even though I don't have red skin), before my eyes can get better?!

I've been thinking: My eye problems (MGD) is caused by blood vessels under my lids, from the rosacea, can't we just get rid of this blood vessels by laser?

Comment

Redandsensitive

Have you actually been diagnosed as having rosacea?

A lady selling cosmetics in a nationwide pharmacy told me that I had `classic rosacea' and that it was common in a woman of my age. (Of course she had lots of products to sell)

When I mentioned to a dermatologist what she had said, he replied that she was talking rubbish and that I didn't have rosacea at all.

Comment

Originally posted by irish eyes View Post
            Redandsensitive

Have you actually been diagnosed as having rosacea?

A lady selling cosmetics in a nationwide pharmacy told me that I had `classic rosacea' and that it was common in a woman of my age. (Of course she had lots of products to sell)

When I mentioned to a dermatologist what she had said, he replied that she was talking rubbish and that I didn't have rosacea at all.
            No, I have not. I think I've been brainwashed on this forum (people meen no harm of course!), since sooo many people always are talking about rosacea and ocular rosacea, all the time.

I've had problems with my eyes for 3,5 years, but I don't have red skin at all. Mybe some acne, but that I only get after taking 30 000 mg of flaxseed.

I must have MGD, and have been diagnosed with posterior blefharites. I have constant 30% red eyes (little pain), but 30% red eyes and dark circles. i don't respond to antihistamines...

I feel better after taking flaxseed and tetracyclin. Warm compresses don't do nothing for me I think..

What do you have, and what to you think I can have?

Thanx for you're time to write back!

Comment

You dont need to have red skin to have ocular rosacea. The two dont ussualy cause the one another. But they are associated, so if if you have one, probably have or are vulnerable to the other.
              I healed my dry eye with nutrition and detoxification. I'm now a Nutritional Therapist at: www.nourishbalanceheal.com Join my dry eye facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/420821978111328/

Comment

Originally posted by redandsensitive View Post
                What do you have, and what to you think I can have?

Thanx for you're time to write back!
                Hi there

I can see why there might be confusion over this but I understood the term ocular rosacea to be quite wide - not just one particular thing. As its name suggests, rosacea means `rose coloured' so it's a term often applied to skin conditions where there is red / rosy discolouration / inflammation. Therefore, conditions such as blepharitis could fit into the rosacea category.

You asked what I have - I have anterior blepharitis which has affected the eyelashes. Like you, I have MGD or posterior blepharitis. I used to get conjunctivitis a lot as a child - and in the past 20 years, I have had bad bouts of iritis. Blood vessels are highly visible on my eyelids - my left eye looks as though someone has actually taken a felt-tip pen and drawn vertical lines down the eyelid margin. So - lots of red eye one way or another.

I don't think I do have rosacea on my face although I occasionally develop red patches like dermatitis around the eyebrow / forehead - and then it goes away. I think the doctor was right when he said it wasn't rosacea (on my face) but I was kind of hoping that it might be - and then he would suggest a treatment that would also benefit my eyes. (I hope that makes sense!!!)

I agree with both Sazy and Cristian. And beware any website that makes claims for cures - they are often money making scams who prey on the vulnerable - us.
                Last edited by irish eyes; 13-Jan-2010, 06:22. Reason: typo

Comment

Rebecca provided this link in a previous posting; it gives a more informed summary of rosacea.

Acne rosacea is a misleading term: rosacea and acne are two entirely different conditions, although they can and do appear together. Clogged skin pores and bacterial infections cause acne. Rosacea occurs when blood vessels move to just below the skin's surface, leading to blotchy red patches

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1197341-overview

Comment

Working...
                  X