Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mgd treatment

hi,

i'm diagnosed with mgd about 4 months ago and i've been told to do the warm compresses 2x p. day,expression the meibomglands 1x p. day,lidhygiene and take 2 spoons of flaxeedoil p. day. in addition i use artificial tears to lubricate the eyes when i need it. my question is when can i expect to see some results of all this? i do not experience any relief untill now. the irritation has even exacerbated i think by expressing the meibomglands. it is a very irritating procedure. my optometrist says she surely sees improvement,because initially almost all of my glands were clogged up exept for just a couple of them that were still functioning. at my last visit a couple a days ago she said she could see all my glands again,(at first they weren't even visible!)most of them still clogged up,but the fact that they were visible again was very hopefull. how long do i have to keep on expressing the meibomglands before i can expect them to be unclogged and function again? anybody here on the board has experience with the procedure,and how long did it take to notice any improvement? all imput welcome! thanks in advance,patrick...

Originally posted by patrick View Post
    hi,

i'm diagnosed with mgd about 4 months ago and i've been told to do the warm compresses 2x p. day,expression the meibomglands 1x p. day,lidhygiene and take 2 spoons of flaxeedoil p. day. in addition i use artificial tears to lubricate the eyes when i need it. my question is when can i expect to see some results of all this? i do not experience any relief untill now. the irritation has even exacerbated i think by expressing the meibomglands. it is a very irritating procedure. my optometrist says she surely sees improvement,because initially almost all of my glands were clogged up exept for just a couple of them that were still functioning. at my last visit a couple a days ago she said she could see all my glands again,(at first they weren't even visible!)most of them still clogged up,but the fact that they were visible again was very hopefull. how long do i have to keep on expressing the meibomglands before i can expect them to be unclogged and function again? anybody here on the board has experience with the procedure,and how long did it take to notice any improvement? all imput welcome! thanks in advance,patrick...
    I think it depends on the severity of your case. From what I can understand, you have already seen some progress in very little time so if you continue like that maybe in 1 month or 2 you find some considerable relief.
    In more severe cases (like mine) hot compresses won't make a difference no matter how long or how hard I express my glands.

But I think it is not your case. So be happy

Comment

hi,
      thanks for your reply. i'm sorry to hear that the regime doesn't work for you. what is accutane induced? never heard of it

Comment

hi,
        thanks for your reply. i'm sorry to hear that the regime doesn't work for you. what is accutane induced? never heard of it
        Accutane is an anti acne treatment that made my glands go wild.

Comment

hi,

Keep it up, it may take a few weeks before you see results.
          I think for many its a gradual process.

I'm doing a similar therapy, but my doc started me on Azasite first.
          That, with lid scrubs, rice baggie and restasis has improved my
          dry eye vison a lot.

Not perfect, but I'm happy with it. With the severe cold weather
          here in Ohio, my right eye is sore and blurry, but I have
          times of perfect clarity.
          My Dry Eye Story:
          http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showt...7575#post47575

Comment

Originally posted by msny View Post
            Keep it up, it may take a few weeks before you see results.
            I think for many its a gradual process.

I'm doing a similar therapy, but my doc started me on Azasite first.
            That, with lid scrubs, rice baggie and restasis has improved my
            dry eye vison a lot.

Not perfect, but I'm happy with it. With the severe cold weather
            here in Ohio, my right eye is sore and blurry, but I have
            times of perfect clarity.
            hi, it is good to know that there is any evidence that the therapy will in the course of time improve the dry eye situation. i'm not on restasis because my dry eye is strictly evaporative and there is no deficiency in the watery part. i'm told that restasis is not very effective when the watery part is still intact. i live in the netherlands and here also we have cold weather at the moment. the weather doesn't affect my eyes very much,but inside buildings with all the heaters on which are causing very dry air i have very sore and dry eyes especially in the evening.

Comment

Working...
            X