any info on rosacea please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any info on rosacea please?

I've recently started to wonder if i have rosacea.I sometimes have hot flushes & my cheeks become red.My eyes are always red aswel.Would appreciate any comments

I have had DES for 4 years. I saw Dr L for the first time about 15 months ago. Right away, He said I had a pinkish tinge to my face and said I probably had Rosacea. This means ocular rosacea as well. This was missed by 2 other opths. Even the dermatologist said it was a very mild case. But my mgd is pretty bad. So my signs are: getting a red face if I have a hot shower, or rubbing on face cream, or rubbing my face dry with a towel. What I do is have a cooler shower, use Aveeno foaming cleanser (it is fragrance free and made for sensitive skin), use metrogel. Avoid caffeine, red wine, spicy food, hot food and drinks. Also avoid sunburn on your face, and strenuous exercise that makes you hot. There is something triggering your facial flushing. So try to figure what it is and then avoid it. If your eyelids are red, then you probably have ocular rosacea too. This causes mgd. You will have to get a prescription to get metrogel. I tried doxy. It helps clear the little pimples but not the redness. Tell you eye dr about your flushing. Hope this helps. But don't ignore the flushing, because it gets worse if not addressed.

Comment

Try to get a proper diagnosis from a dermatologist first. If your face flushes easily then you probably do have rosacea. There are several treatments for rosacea, so the first thing I would do is find a good dermatologist who is experienced in diagnosing rosacea and make an appointment. It is really important to find a good dermatologist in this case because some of them are much more qualified in diagnosing rosacea than others.

Comment

Hi Peepers

I agree with Dave25 - try and see a dermatologist. I've had women on cosmetic counters in Boots `diagnose' rosacea for me (how kind of them) when in fact it's not the case. But there again, they have cures they could sell me!

Comment

thankyou all for your comments.At my next eye appointment i will mention the flushes.My eyelids aren't red but they're always bloodshot.I tend to have red cheeks in work because people always comment on them & say i look flushed.

I will make an appointment with my gp aswel to see if he'll refer me to a dermatologist.Just wondering if i got the flushing under control would my eye symptoms improve?I hate their appearance

Comment

Hi. After many eye apts one of my eye docs suggested I may have rosacea so I went to a dermatologist. I had already been to a gp and allergist. Anyhow I did not have rosacea but seborrehic dermititis. I was given rx shampoo and lotion. This did help the skin and hair but so no difference in the eyes. I have heard though if you do have rosacea and you treat it properly it can help with the eyes. I would get it checked

Comment

Thanks ginaJ,definately gonna get it checked out

Comment

Working...
              X