Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do I have Blepharitis?

Hello everyone,

I have never had dry eye symptoms before nine months ago. I started having allergic reactions which causes painful white eye mucus and now that the allergies are gone, I still have dry eye and itchy eye lids. I have been using GenTeal gel which seems to prevent my eyes from producing the painful clear mucus in my eyes, but my eye lids still itch. I have been using the Ocusoft Plus scrubbing pads which seem to keep my eye lids from itching for a few hours, but I really need something that lasts longer. Anyone think they know what my eyelid problem is?

Thanks

Hi and welcome.

Have you been to an eye doctor? If so, what did they say? If not, why not?
    Rebecca Petris
    The Dry Eye Foundation
    dryeyefoundation.org
    800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
      Hi and welcome.

Have you been to an eye doctor? If so, what did they say? If not, why not?
      I have been to many opthamologists, none can seem to give me a straight answer. One said I had some form of conjunctivitis and gave me an antibiotic drop (didn't work), one gave me streroid drops (didn't work and raised my eye pressure), another was at least honest and didn't know what the issue was beyond some complications that lead to dry eye. He told me to see an opthamologist that specializes in external disease, however, that has been a much more difficult task than I thought it would be.

Comment

Where are you from? If you tell us that, someone on the board may know of a dry-eye savvy opthamologist in your area.

If the itching is allergy-related as you suggest, an eye-drop like Patanol or Pataday should help. You need a prescription though. Why do you say the allergy is gone? If you are still having lots of itching, sounds like you may still be experiencing allergy symptoms, no?

Comment

Originally posted by DryEyeSurvivor26 View Post
          Where are you from? If you tell us that, someone on the board may know of a dry-eye savvy opthamologist in your area.

If the itching is allergy-related as you suggest, an eye-drop like Patanol or Pataday should help. You need a prescription though. Why do you say the allergy is gone? If you are still having lots of itching, sounds like you may still be experiencing allergy symptoms, no?
          Hello,

I live in Los Angeles. I have been on both Patenol and Pataday, neither work. My eyes do not itch, only my eyelids do. I have not experienced any other allergy symptoms since I have been on my new medication (Xyzal), the only health issue I have right now is the issues with my eyes.

I also saw a determatologist, and he didn't have a solution either. He said to use Ocusoft wipes, which I do, but the relief doesn't last long and they are only ******g the problem.

Comment

Check the "Local support groups" section of this forum for the Orange County Support Group meeting announcements... look for Judi's phone number and I would encourage you to give her a call to get some help finding the right doctor. Judy and two other ladies run a really good support group that meets every two months in Laguna Woods and they tend to know pretty much all the doctors within reasonable driving distance that are any good at dry eye.
            Rebecca Petris
            The Dry Eye Foundation
            dryeyefoundation.org
            800-484-0244

Comment

Originally posted by Rebecca Petris View Post
              Check the "Local support groups" section of this forum for the Orange County Support Group meeting announcements... look for Judi's phone number and I would encourage you to give her a call to get some help finding the right doctor. Judy and two other ladies run a really good support group that meets every two months in Laguna Woods and they tend to know pretty much all the doctors within reasonable driving distance that are any good at dry eye.
              Will give it a try, thanks

Comment

Working...
              X