MGD - Emotional help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MGD - Emotional help!

DE for 5 months, recently dx'd with mdg (small occular rosacea).

How do you all deal emotionally?
    I am so drained of dealing with all this eye crap day in and day out. I just keep sinking...

I also cannot keep from thinking the worse & that I am NEVER going to get relief.

I also have severe dry eye and was just told this week that I have ocular rosacea. I understand the stress. I actually feel like I have a deadline that I have to get better by since I want to wear contacts all day for my wedding..wear them pain free! It is soooo hard, especially when other people do not understand the pain. I try to be positive. I eat healthy, work out, and am trying acupuncture. Also, I really get excited about the slightest bit of improvement! That actually does help. Also, I am trying to handle stress better. I have read that ocular rosacea flares up with stress, which happens with many medical aliments. Another thing, I do find that NOT thinking about it really does help. This website has been such a great resource for me. However, a couple of months ago when I was at my worst (crying nightly over the extreme pain) I spent A LOT of time on the website and I think it caused me to obsess over it. So, now I get on it and scan the new posts for something that might benefit me or something that I can comment on to help someone else. I do search to find new info., but I limit my time here and on the internet in general reading about dry eye. I do think as patients we have to stay educated and informed, but for me, I have to step back and maintain a balance. Sorry for the long, drawn out reply. I hope this helps. I hope you know that there are people who do understand. It is sooo hard. I hate it because I am young and just want to wear contacts, make-up (which I still do!!!) and look nice and be pain free!!!! So, think positive and do everything you can do to control the situation like good sleep, work out, fish oils, etc. Good luck!!!!

Comment

The following steps are important, although especially the second is difficult when you feel low.

1. physically

find a true dry eye expert and get the best treatment currenctly available

2. emotionally

a combination of acceptance (that you have the disease), gratitude (for the positive aspects of your life) and optimism (that your eyes will improve) -> look these things up in the Internet, they have a profound effect on one's life

Comment

stress meds

I would like to find out if my rosacea trigger is stress and I was wondering if anyone has successfully used a med that didn't worsen their eyes.
        I have been struggling for almost 2 years with just occassional flushing and the more meds and creams they give me the worse I get.
        I just seen a hematologist last week and he is confident I am in early stages of an auto-immune disorder and although I just recently was tested by an allergist and rheumatologist plus numerous bloodwork by my derm and primary care they cannot pinpoint it yet.
        The hematologist felt that I should be treated with steroids and my Accupuncturist (who is against steroids)feels I am in distress and maybe the steroids would shock my system into line??.
        I cannot stand the flushing as it isn't just redness,it burn,stings and flares up my eyes so badly i have to lay down with a cool compress and have to do so more and more frequently each day.
        As my flushing is getting almost constant(heat is a definite trigger I cannot avoid in this weather)I am eager to find out if I can ease some of the flushing by calming my stress.
        I would appreciate and ideas and thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X