Aqueous Deficient

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aqueous Deficient

For those of you that your main cause of dry eye is AD, what are you doing for treatments-what is working?

Do any of you know what caused it?

I got an rx for Restasis, but the cost is outrageous (haven't started yet-some fear).

Don't see how plugs would work if there are no tears being produced.

Thanks!
    Jen

cheaper Restasis

I am getting my Restasis from a Canadian pharmacy at a cheaper price, $58.99 for one kit (32 vials). If you order 4 kits, the price is $46 per kit. Shipping is free. Not everyone is comfortable getting medication from Canada, but I have been well pleased. I am doing a 3 month trial of using it 4 times daily so I needed a price break!

Comment

MNJen,
      Wife had schirmer readings, for what they are worth, of 0 and 1. She is quadraplugged and noticed relief and occaisionally excess in one eye. She started Oasis TEARS Plus two years ago, approx $25 a month, and is now down to 1-2 drops a day and rarely has excess tears.

Comment

ad tears

hi
        my tear production is severely low..i think a 1 on a shirmer test.
        however, even that tiny bit is more than none.. so plugs have helped because the small amount of tears i produce remain in my eyes.

if you actually produced no tears at all..literally none, i think plugs would still help because the artificial tears would stay on the eye surface rather than immediately draining away.
        thanks, betty

Originally posted by MNJen View Post
        For those of you that your main cause of dry eye is AD, what are you doing for treatments-what is working?

Do any of you know what caused it?

I got an rx for Restasis, but the cost is outrageous (haven't started yet-some fear).

Don't see how plugs would work if there are no tears being produced.

Thanks!
        Jen

Comment

My eyedoc instructed me to disregard the instructions on restasis about using a vial once and throwing it. Instead, he told me to use each vial until it was gone. This is extremely significant savings.. a month supply became a sixth month supply for me (just a guess but it was huge).

Just something to consider if you're interested in restasis.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your posts!

Still curious if any of you know what caused your AD.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
            X