Experiences with AMT surgery, IPL and probing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experiences with AMT surgery, IPL and probing

I have had all 3 of these procedures...amniotic membrane transplantation, IPL and probing...and here are my experiences with them.

I had AMT surgery with Dr Tseng about 6 years ago with very good results. The reason I went to see Dr Tseng was because I had constant burning in my right eye and visible blood vessels in the outer corner of my right eye. Dr Tseng diagnosed me with meibomian gland dysfunction and conjunctivochalasis in the outer corner of my right eye.The surgery got rid of both the burning and the blood vessels but did nothing for the MGD. My eyes are comfortable (thank you Dr Tseng), but the MGD was something that I still wanted to find solutions for.

My main complaint about the MGD was that it gave me inflamed eyelids. Steaming my lids and expressing them and cleaning them with Sterilid and taking I-caps supplement and Barleans Omega Swirl, Patanol drops and cold compresses has helped....but I was still looking for more improvement.

I had probing done with Dr Tseng a few times. It helped initially after the procedure but the improvement did not last. I think the probing followed by a professional expression is great...but is not a cure.

Last year I had 4 IPL treatments with Dr Toyos. It also helped initially after the first 2 treatments, but then actually kicked up inflammation after the 3rd and 4th treatment and I had to go on a round of steroids to get me back to my my initial pre-treatment comfort level. I was disappointed in the IPL because I thought it was a cure for MGD rather than just a treatment.

My current state is that my eyes are comfortable, but I have to work at it with my routine.

Hope this helps other people.
Working...
X